Chapter 7 (Bast)

Bast couldn't be next to her cousins or brother. She couldn't sit there and act happy. Not only did she lose her soul mate, she lost her best friend. Her best friend since preschool. Her best friend since she moved there. He had always been by her side.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked.

Bast jumped as she turned. A boy stood there, staring straight with dark brown curly hair. He didn't look at her, it was like he couldnt see at all. Bast didn't move, she just wiped at her eyes.

"Fine." She lied.

"No you're not. I hear your heartbeat from far away." He said.

"Who are you?"

"Victor. Yours?"

"Bast."

"Egyptian goddess of cats? Hm, never heard of that before."

Bast giggled, "She was also one of the many war goddesses. My dad reads to much myths."

Victor sat next to her. He placed his hands on the grass. Bast brought her knees to her chest, looking at the boy. She found herself amazed by him. A blind boy knew that she was lying. He can't even see her face when she told that. Maybe he could hear by the tone of her voice.

"You lost someone too?'" Victor asked.

"What?" Bast asked, shocked.

"Your heart skips to beats when you think of him or her."

"Oh. . . I didn't think that . . . I didn't know that I thought of him so much."

Victor smiled, "Its okay. Everyone thinks of someone a lot."

Bast sighed as she looked down at her shoes. She didn't want to think of him. Jian wouldn't want her too but she couldn't help herself. She missed him so much. She missed so much that it made her rethink everything. She couldn't keep fighting villains if it means she is going to lose more people she cares about.

If she wants to protect people, she refuses to lose everyone she cares about. Her powers aren't just for looks.

"Hey pretty lady. What brings you here?" A male said.

Bast looked up and jumped. The guy looked familiar, like she seen him before. He smiled, showing off purple braces, shaved head and daring brown eyes. He waved at her then looked at Victor.

"Hey Vic! Whatcha planning for today?" He asked.

"Hello Gabe. Dunno, depending on how I feel." Victor replied.

"Who's this?" Gabe asked, nodding his head towards Bast.

"Bast." She said.

Gabe smiled, "You're really pretty. Are you sure your name isn't Aphrodite?"

Bast raised her eyebrow. Gabe laughed as Victor rolled his eyes. Bast stood up, brushing off the back of her pants. She noticed the sun going down. She gave a small smile to them then turn to walk away.

Her black hair covered her body, as she wrapped her arms around herself. Bast hates being called pretty or beautiful. Of course Bast knows she pretty, she hates that she is. Because that means everyone will either think that she is snobby or dumb. Bast doesn't need that, she doesn't want that.

Bast hates being known as pretty. She is smart, clever and daughter of Buttercup and Butch Jojo.

"Bast!" Bentley called out.

Bast turned around and saw Bentley running away from two boys. She notice Victor and Gabe walking to the two boys. Gabe winked at Bast, she crossed her arms. Bentley caught up to her, grabbing her elbow and turning away.

"What's wrong? I heard your thoughts." Bentley said.

"Nothing. I just . . . I'm just hungry." Bast lied.

Bentley shook his head, "No you're not but I'm not going to push you. Besides I hear Beatrix and Bj getting worried for us."

Bast smiled as they walked to their family. They saw Russell holding two plates as Benjamin blushed. Sam and Bj leaning up on each other, smiling. Bartholomew and Beatrix fighting over food as Python held Bartholomew's shirt. Bartholomew looked over and smiled widely.

"Hey bro," Bartholomew said. "Everything alright?"

"As long there is something for vegans." Bentley said.

"Can't believe you still don't like meat." Bj said.

Bentley shrugged as he grabbed a plate of fries. Bast sat next to Beatrix, Bj passed her a plate full of chips and hotdog. Bast took the plate with a small smile. Bj frowned as he tapped her hand.

"What's up? You usually are quiet with a small smile. May I add a real smile." Bj said.

"Just tired." Bast lied.

Bentley snorted, catching her lie.

"Okay?" Bj said. "Well I also snagged your favorite cupcake. Red Velvet."

"Thanks." Bast mumbled.

Bj frowned as he opened his mouth but nothing came out. Bast pushed her chips around. She doesn't know why she feels upset but she does. Maybe it was the pretty comment? Bast hates that word.

But why is it affecting her now? She never found herself hating that word to make her depressed.

Maybe it was also because of Jian. Jian always called her strong and confident on the daily. It was very rare he ever called her pretty.

Bast found herself smiling as she thought more of Jian. His smile. His laughter. His slim brown eyes. His terrible fighting skills. Just him.

"You're crazy Jian." Bast said.

Jian rolled his eyes, he stuck out his hands. Tomorrow is Jian's tenth birthday. Bast sat on the grass, making a flower crown. Jian was practicing his fighting skills.

"Not crazy just idealist." Jian said. "Besides Bast, if anyone is crazy. Its you."

"What?"

"Yeah! You are the strongest person I ever met but you don't fight. Why not?"

"Dunno . . . I don't like the fighting bid."

"Why not?"

"Just don't."

Jian frowned as he bend down. Bast face turn bright red as he brushed her hair away. Her short black hair stopped at her shoulders, slightly curled. Jian smiled widely, showing off his missing tooth.

"Well, I think you're the most bravest person I ever met. And if you can, try to fight with words." Jian said.

"What if I'm to scared?" Bast asked, looking down.

"Scared? You're to confident for that! Besides I think confidence is beauty. More confident you are then less scared you are." He said.

"Are you going to let me do it alone?"

"No way! I'll stick by your side until the very end. I promise."

Bast frowned, as she stood up. Everyone looked at her. She smiled at them, like nothing is wrong. She sat back down, grabbing some chips and putting them in her mouth.

She refuses to be more than a pretty face.

Heyyo Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

What we thinks??? Bast??? The memory??? Her feelings about being a pretty face??? Well tell me your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wells Byes Loves Y'alls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!