Chapter 17 (Bast)

"Are you sure that it was a good idea to bring Bentley here?" Bast asked.

Python shook his head, "No, Boomer didn't listen to my warnings."

Benjamin raised his eyebrow, "How much stuff do you hide from us?"

"I only tell you things what I think is important." Python said.

Bast looked at them, she didn't understand why Benjamin wanted to fight with everyone. She rolled her eyes as she placed a wet rag on Bentley's forehead. Bentley groaned, face pale but he had a small smile on his face. She tuck away his fallen hair and looked around for something. She sees Python flicking his wrist around, with Bartholomew controlling the sand.

Her lime green eyes traced the sands as it changed colors, from pink, red, different shades of green and blue. She noticed that it was the same colors as their team suits or their parents. Python sang something in a different language as Bartholomew watched him with huge eyes. 

Bj leaned down, "I think Python is a witch."

"I think you're an idiot." Bast joked.

"Haha, love our talks sis."

"Anyway, I don't think Python is a witch. Maybe he hangs out with witches?"

Beatrix snorted, "Aren't we technically witches?"

"We started the myth of witches." Python said, breaking from his song. "Before people with powers was seen as gods, creating the myths by them saving people or just showing off with their powers. But when people started to scared of our powers they forced us to stop or suffer. As you can tell we didn't listen, so as punishment they burned us at the stake. Hoping it would stop anyone with powers to be born. It didn't work."

Bartholomew blinked but still moved his wrist, "And you know this how?"

Python smiled, "Is that your question for the day?"

Bast raised her eyebrow, confused on what Python said. She turn to look at Bartholomew, who is looking down thinking, and nodded slowly. Python nodded back, but he didn't answer right away. Instead he spat in his hand and shoved his hand in the dirt.

Bast stuck her tongue out, she didn't understand that either. 

"I was there." Python finally said.

All the teens froze, well expect Bartholomew's hand, they all looked at Python. Python didn't blink or seem to notice everyone looking at him. Python bend down to the dirt and blew air into the dirt, creating a clear snake with their team colors inside, moving around like a lava lamp. He stood up, picking up Bartholomew and putting him on the bed and turn back to the snake, he put out his hands. In one movement, he clenched his fist together, causing the snake to connect with it's tail and shrink into a bracelet.

"You so gotta teach me that." Bj said as he nodded to the snake bracelet.

"Now mine doesn't feel so special." Bartholomew mumbled as he grab his.

"Trust me, yours is way more special then this." Python said.

"Why would you want to make jewelry?" Benjamin asked Bj.

Bj shrugged, "Dunno, looks fun."

"Oh yes, making jewelry for the rest of your life is so much fun." Beatrix said with an eyeroll.

Benjamin smirked, "I know right."

"Why am I being gang up?" Bj asked.

Bast put her hands out, "Guys! Are we going to ignore the fact that Python just claim he was there for witch burning?"