Chapter 8 (All)

"Beatrix, I need a favor."

"Yeah?"

"You need to cut open my stomach open and check see if there's butterflies."

"What Benjamin!"

Benjamin threw his arms in the air as his cousins and twin looked at him. They had a 'serisouly' look on their faces. Bentley laughed as he rolled off the bed. Bast snorted and laugh loudly as she landed on Bentley. Finally Python and Bartholomew snorted and looked at each other.

"What's wrong?" Benjamin asked.

"You're so stupid!" Bj exclaimed.

"N-no I'm not." Benjamin mumbled.

"Tell me," Bentley said through his laughs. "Do you think butterflies live in tour stomach?"

"Yes! I just said that." He said.

"And do they happened when their near Russell?" Bast asked.

"How did you know?"

"And you feel like you're on clouds when you're near him?" Bartholomew asked.

"Okay . . . I thought Bentley is the only mind reader."

They all looked at Benjamin again and bursted out laughing. Benjamin crossed his arm, hate being picked on by them. He stomped out of the room. He felt someone grabbed his shoulder. He turn back and saw Python.

"You know they mean well, correct?" Python said.

"Yes." Benjamin replied.

"And this Russell . . . I think you should talk to them more."

"What they don't wanna talk to me?"

"Come on Benjamin. It won't hurt to try."

Benjamin nodded and turn around. He heard Python hum as he walked inside the cabin. He looked around for Russell. He hated how he actually wants to see them again. He hates how he loves Russell's smile. And he hates that his cousins and twin won't cut open his stomach to check see if he is alright.

Finally someone swung out in front of him. Benjamin jumped back some letting out strong curse words. He heard a laugh making his knees go weak. Its Russell's laugh. He looked and Russell is hanging upside down from the tree.

"Whatcha doing, mate?" Russell asked.

"I wanted . . . I wan- . . . I needed some air." Benjamin lied.

"Well you're in luck. There's plenty of air out here."

"I can tell."

"Know what, Benjamin?"

"What?"

"I like your flow. Hanging out with you is the best part about today."

"You think so?"

Russell nodded. Benjamin blushed as he looked down at his shoes. He hates how easy Russell can make him feel. He hates how he doesn't know if thus makes him gay because Russell doesn't define as a gender. He hates how easy his heart beats when he is near them.

"Can I show you something?" Russell asked.

Benjamin nodded. Russell held his arms, Benjamin gave him his only hand. Russell lifted him up, bringing the smaller boy the tree. Russell swung up in super speed landing on their bum. Russell looked at Benjamin with a smile. Benjamin looked out and saw the camp in glittering lights. His dark pink eyes traced the lights making patterns.

"This always makes me homesick." Russell whispered.

"Its actually pretty." Benjamin replied.

Russell touched his missing arm. Benjamin jumped as he looked at him. Russell took his hand away and looked back at the camp.

Benjamin hates how perfect Russell looks with all his scars.

---

Bast and Bentley still laughing as they repeated what Benjamin said. Bj snorted and stretched out on his bed. Bartholomew and Python laid together on a bed, whispering to each other. Beatrix sat across from the laughing cousins. Bast finally let up as she wiped away her tears.

"Isn't it weird?" Bj asked.

"Is what weird?" Beatrix replied.

"That Benjamin actually wants to be with someone. I mean this is new, right?" Bj said.

"Also kinda mind blowing!" Bartholomew called out.

Bentley nodded, "Its bound to happen. Everyone has their soulmates."

Bast frowned as she pulled her knees to her chest. She lost hers. Jian gave up his life for hers. What has she done so great? Just smile and look pretty. Jian deserves to be alive. He deserves to be happy. He deserves every single breath in her lungs. Not Bast. She doesn't deserve any of this, she thought.

"What about you, Bentley?" Bj asked. "I mean I know your asexual and everything but you gotta have one."

"I did." Bentley replied.

"Who?" Beatrix asked.

"Guys. No." Bartholomew said.

Bentley shrugged but he already know. Maine. The wild boy. The boy who reminds him of lions. The deaf boy who could never speak but with a loud mind. Bentley clings on to every memory Maine allowed him to have. Every memory of his smile, tears and all the times him and Maine hung out.

Bentley will always regret the fight they had. He will always wish for that day to start over so he could hold onto him more.

No matter what. Maine and him will always be best friends. Doesn't matter if they're soulmates. They will always be best friends.

"Am I the only who one ever thinks of the battle?" Beatrix asked.

She is forever haunted by the memories. The incoent lives she couldn't save. How people she killed, even if it was three people, she will never get their blood off her hands. She will never stop hearing the townspeople screaming. She will never stop seeing their terrified faces. She will never stop the fear racing in her stomach every time she holds onto her weapon.

"All the time." Bentley said.

"Is it because we keep thinking it?" Bj asked.

"Not most of the time." Bentley replied.

"Do you think we will ever get over it?" Bast asked.

"No." Beatrix said. "But doesn't mean we shouldn't try."

"What if its to much?" Bartholomew asked.

All the teens went silent. They don't know what to think or say. This war will forever haunt them. This war took away something they held dear. Only Bartholomew and Python was able to held onto each other. Bast lost Jian. Bentley lost Maine. Beatrix lost her innocent mindset. Bj lost his ablity to see everything in a positive view.

"I think you can do it." Python said.

"What about you?" Bartholomew asked him.

"I'm fine." Python lied.

Bentley flinched, hearing all the negative thoughts in his head. Python looked over and quickly closed his mind off. Bentley sighed as he leaned against Bast and smiled.

"I think we should go spy on Benjamin and Russell." He said.

"What!" Beatrix exclaimed.

"I'm down." Bj said as he jumped off. "But first I need to check on Sam."

"I'm going off to bed." Bast said.

"Camilla might need me . . . but I do want to spy on them." Beatrix said. "Let's go."

"Wicked." Bentley said.

With that the teens dropped the subject for talking. But it refused to leave their minds. Because they will be forever haunted by it.

Heyyo Guys!!!!!!!!!!

What we thinks???? Benjamin and Russell??? Bast??? Bentley??? Bj??? Bartholomew and Python??? Beatrix??? Well tell me your thoughts!!!!!!!!

Wells Byes Loves Y'alls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!