Chapter Six.

Y/N POV

This week has been interesting as hell. My mama has been extra nice to Nolan and I, Noelle has chilled in her insults, and Normani got a job.

That's right  the boogie little princess is working a 9-5, but that's not the funny part. Out of all the places she could work at she landed a job at the butcher shop.  We've bumped heads a few times but that was expected. But as long as she stays out of my way everything will be fine.

So today is a great day because we are having a seafood boil tonight. Crab legs, shrimp, crawfish, all that good stuff.  Last night Nolan and I put out some traps for the crawfish and Nolan went to get them this morning.  My mama's got the crab legs and now I'm running to the store to get a few things.

"Mama where's that list?" I asked.

"On the refrigerator." She said.

I got the note off of the refrigerator and looked at it to make sure we had everything. "Is this everything?" I asked.

"Yes sir, be careful out there." Mama said.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

I walked outside and Normani was standing on the porch. "What can I do for your highness?" I asked.

"At least you know you're in the presence of  greatness." Normani said.

I rolled my eyes and fixed my baseball cap, "Look, I don't have time to play these games with you. Tell me what you want."

"I need to go to the store." Normani said.

"Fine, let's go." I said.

Nolan walked over to me and handed me some money so I could buy him some candy. Normani and I climbed into my truck and headed to the Walmart. I have a love hate relationship with Walmart. I love it because they have everything you need in there.

The bad part about Walmart is its very easy to get caught up once you step through those doors. You go in with a list and a plan but once you start walking you run into people you know, your list becomes completely useless and you start buying stuff you don't need, and by the time you get to the checkout you've spent more time and money than you planned too.

I grabbed a shopping cart and went the produce section and got all he things I needed from there. Normani was following behind me playing around on her phone the whole time. I made my way to the spice aisle and got the spices that I needed for the boil.

"I'm almost done so you need to get whatever you came here for." I said.

"Can you get me some small ziplock bags?" Normani asked.

"Your legs ain't broke." I said.

"Ugh, such a gentleman." Normani said sarcastically.

"I know my mother tells me that everyday." I said.

Normani and I headed back to where the ziplock bags were but I took a little detour and got Nolan the candy he wanted. Normani came back holding a few boxes of small ziplock bags in her hand. I'm not talking about the small ziplock bags you can put cookies in, I'm talking about the ones you can put cocaine or pills in.

"Do you have everything you need Normani?" I asked.

"Yes I do." Normani said.

"Cool let's go home, I promised Nolan I'd help him cook." I said.

Normani smirked, "You actually know how to cook now?" She asked.

"Yes I do. I have more than ramen noodles and hot pockets in my repertoire now. I can cook actual meals now." I said.