Chapter Twelve.

Normani's POV

Saturday, while the small circle of people I know are going out and partying I'm in my bedroom with my nose in a very good book. The last time I read a book that wasn't a textbook was in middle school, we read books from the Bluford Series and those were the best books I ever read.

But, the other day I was at Noelle's house snooping through her bookcase and I found a collection of urban romance novels. Noelle was rambling on about something Nolan did and I was just thumbing through her book collection. She gave me one of her books and told me to read it. Let me be honest with you, I don't read for fun. Getting me to read is like taking a child to the dentist, it doesn't work. But I went ahead and took the book home.

At first the book was resting on my nightstand with no one to read it. But curiosity got the best of me and I decided to read the book.

I haven't been able to put the book down since I started reading it.

It's about this quiet shy girl who moves to DC for college and she starts hanging out with this girl and the girl introduces her to this secret society. The shy one has sex for the first time and unleashes her inner hoe. I feel like Noelle was subliminally shading me by giving me this book to read but I don't care because this book is interesting as hell.

Some of the things this girl did to her partners had me a little curious. One time she was messing with this businessman and she took his necktie off, tied him to the bed with it, and went straight cowgirl on home. Then there was another time where she showed up to another partner's house wearing a trench coat and some heels. She got her man into his bedroom and made him sit up against the headboard. When she took off the coat she revealed her naked frame then proceeded to stand on the bed and put her goodies right in her man's face. She told him to eat it and that's exactly what he did.

I have never had sex before but when the time comes I'll have some tricks up my sleeves.

"Mani-baby where you at?" Noelle asked from the hallway.

"In my skin." I said.

I put the book under my pillow and acted as if nothing was going. Noelle and Choie came in the room loud as hell completely disrupting the vibe I had created.

"You good sis?" Choie asked.

"Yes. Now that we've concluded the q&a portion of the program you can leave now." I said.

"Hold the hell up. You look different, you got some dick didn't you?" Noelle asked.

"No I didn't get any penis." I said.

Choie snickered, "She said penis I'm done."

"All I did was take out my bundles, pop of those fake ass fingernails, and wipe the makeup off my face." I said.

Noelle looked me up an down then smirked, "You actually look like a normal person now. I like it." She said.

"Me too. Now you might have a shot with Y/N." Choie said.

"I didn't do this for Y/N, I did it because I wanted a change." I said.

"Girl we've all done things to get somebody's attention, it's okay." Noelle said.

Who am I kidding? Almost ninety nine percent of this was for Y/N but they don't have know that.

"Anyway, why are you two here?" I asked.

"We came to get you because we are going out tonight. So get dressed and let's go, you can read your freak novel later." Noelle said.

"Ummm okay, where we going?" I asked