Chapter Twenty-Six.

Y/N POV

I can't believe that I am the owner of my own home. Man, blessing will come at you when you least expect it. I am sad that my Uncle Jerome is no longer here but I'm grateful for the gifts he left my brother and I. This is a great house and I could definitely see Normani and I raising a family here.

I rolled over and looked at my alarm clock, it was one in the afternoon. All that moving and shaking we did yesterday wore us out. My queen was sleeping peacefully and I didn't want to bother her so I eased out of the bed and put on some sweats. I trekked down to Devante's room and he was sitting against his giant teddy bear flipping through a book.

"Good afternoon son." I said.

"Hi dada!" He said excitedly.

Devante ran up to me and hugged my legs. I picked him up so I could give him a proper hug. I kissed him on the cheek and asked, "Did you sleep good?"

"Yeah!" He said.

"You hungry?" I asked.

"Oh yeah." Devante said.

"Well let's go make some lunch then." I said.

I carried Devante down to the kitchen and put him in his high chair. I took his sippy cup and filled it up with water, water is the best drink you can have after you wake up. "Apple sauce?" I asked.

"Oooh appy thauce!" Devante said.

"Alrighty then." I said.

I opened a cup of apple sauce for Devante and sat that in front of him along with his cup of water. Devante grabbed his spoon and stirred the apple sauce around before eating it. He gave me a thumbs up before going in for more. 

I went through my phone and tried to decide what to make for lunch. "What should I make for lunch today son?" I asked.

"Food." Devante said.

I looked up at and squinted, he shrugged and turned his sippy cup up. My son is a bit of a smart ass at times, gets it from his mama. How about Chicken Parm?" I asked.

"Good." Devante said.

I washed my hands one more time then got the things I needed out of the refrigerator. I got the chicken nice and breaded before putting it in the fryer. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I smiled. "Good afternoon baby girl." I said.

"Good afternoon big daddy." Normani said.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Amazing. They say your first night in a new place is weird but I did just fine." Normani said.

"Me too." I said.

I turned around and gave Normani a kiss, the first time in the history of our relationship I see what Normani looks like with a bonnet on. Not gonna lie the bonnet is cute. Normani day with Devante and kept him company while I finished making lunch. I may have went overboard and made too much but I know who would help me get rid of it.

Me: I made chicken parm for lunch.

NolaDarling😆🤣🙃: We'll be there in a minute.

I went and unlocked the door so Nolan and Aulani could get in. Normani got the drinks ready while I plated everything up. I took a piece of chicken and cut it into smaller pieces for Devante.

"We in here!" Nolan said as he walked into the house.

Aulani ran crashed into my legs and squeezed them, "Hello beautiful." I said.