Chapter Thirty-Four.

Y/N POV

"Go dada go!" Devante yelled.

Having a workout partner is fun. Having a workout partner who comes up to your knee and has a cute little voice is even better. Recently I've started working out and Devante has helped me through the process. He stands off to the side and encourages me, but his favorite thing to do is sit on my back and pretend he's riding a horse when I do push ups.

Since my breakup with Normani I have decided that I need to do more with my life. Being the nice guy is what cost me my relationship, that and other things. I don't wanna experience that again so yeah, the nice guy has to go away. I'm not gonna let anyone walk all over me again, especially a woman.

"Dada I gotta poo poo." Devante said.

"Let's go stinky." I said.

Devante and I ran down the hall to the bathroom, while I put his little toilet seat down Devante ripped off his pull-up. I sat him on the toilet and let him do his business. When he was done I handed him the baby wipes and told him to clean his little butt. I had to become behind him and double check because my son doesn't clean all the way at times. But Devante gave me a surprise when he flushed the toilet in his own. I cheered for him and helped him onto the counter so he could wash his hands.

"What do you wanna do now little man?" I asked.

"Nap time!" Devante said.

"Sounds good to me big boy." I said.

Devante jetted down the hall to his room and hopped onto his bed. I got him situated under the covers. "Come sleep." He said.

"But I'm not sleepy son." I said.

"Pwease dada." Devante said.

"Fine." I said.

Devante scooted over so I could lay beside him in his tiny little bed. He turned on his side so he could look directly at me, he reached out and started squeezing my nose. "Having fun?" I asked.

Devante giggled and nodded his head, "Dada squiddy."

"I sound like Squidward?" I asked.

"Yeah!" Devante said cheerfully.

"Oh, how nice. I'll let you in on a little secret kid, that Spongebob and his big sidekick Patrick are driving me nuts. And don't get me started on Mr. Krabs. The guy's a lunatic! The reason the aren't any crabs in Bikini Bottom is because he use them in those Krabby Patties. Crab meat is the secret ingredient in the Krabby Patties. But don't tell anyone I told you that." I said in my Squidward voice.

Devante let go of my nose and clapped his hands together. "Good job."

"Thanks son, I do my best." I said.

"You're good dada." Devante said.

"I try to be son. The one part of my life that I'm good at is being your dad. No matter what I'm always gonna be the best father I can be to you. Okay." I said.

"Okay." Devante said.

"You wanna know a little secret?" I asked

Devante yawned and nodded his head. I started running my fingers through his curls as I talked to him. Eventually he'll fall asleep and when we wakes up he won't remember a lick of this conversation but that's expected from a one year old.

"Daddy might be going away soon." I said.

"Mmhm, go get food." Devante said.

I chuckled, "No I'm not going to go get food. I'm going away, like out of the state for awhile." I said.