Chapter Sixteen.

Y/N POV

Is it bad that I want to go in Nolan's room and choke him out while he's asleep? I mean, I put a good beating on him a few days ago but I still have some leftover and I'd like to finish him off. You can say a lot of shit to me but what I will not allow is you talking about my dead daughter. That right there is the ultimate disrespect and it will get you hurt quicker than anything else.

Shit has been really quiet around the house, that's because everything has been so tense. Plus Noelle's face is swollen so talking isn't something he wants to do right now. I'd personally feel better if he stayed quiet forever but that's just me.

I was in a deep sleep when I heard my alarm go off. I grabbed my phone and hit the snooze button. After I wipes the eye boogers out the corners of my eye I was able to see a lot better. Normani is the best girlfriend ever, she sent me a good morning text to help me get my day started.

PoohBear😘🤗🐻:  Good morning handsome, I hope you slept well last night and I can't wait to see you today 😘

Me: Good morning beautiful I slept okay and I can't wait to see you ☺️ as soon as I'm done getting ready I'm taking you out to breakfast before work

PoohBear😘🤗🐻: I cant wait! 😘😘😘

I sighed, "She's amazing." I said.

I climbed out of bed and grabbed my towel before heading down the hallway to the bathroom. As I was yawning my dad came out of the bathroom. Definitely wasn't expecting to see him back home for a long time.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm home, for good this time. I turned in my truck and keys this morning. I'm not going back on the road anymore." Dad said.

"You really expect me to believe that Pop?" I asked.

"Yes. Besides there needs to be some rules and order around here since you and your brother don't like to respect authority." Dad said.

I scoffed and threw my towel over my shoulder, "I gotta stop you right there Pop, I respect the rules. If you need to have this conversation with anyone it's Nolan. You and mama can believe the bullshit he tells you but I know better. Now if you'll excuse me I gotta get ready to meet my girlfriend then head to work."

I walked past my dad and went into the bathroom so I could get fresh and clean for the day. I came back into my room and put on my work uniform. My phone was done charging so I took it off the charger and put it in my pocket. They were calling for a chilly day so I grabbed my bomber jacket out of my closet. I grabbed my wallet and headed downstairs.

"See you later mama." I said.

"Will you be home for dinner?" Mama asked.

"Nope, I'm taking Normani on a date tonight." I said.

"Your date can wait, family comes first. Now I expect you to be home for dinner tonight." Dad said.

"You really should take your own advice pop. See you later mama." I said.

I walked outside and Normani was locking the door to her house. She ran over to me and jumped in my arms. "Don't you look handsome today? I love the outfit." Normani said.

"Baby we have on the same thing almost and for the record I look like shit." I said.

"No you don't, you look like a meal and I love it." Normani said.

"You're too sweet, get in the truck so we can go get some food." I said.

"Okay babe." Normani said.