Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Normani's POV

Why? Just why?

Things were going so well in my life then my past ways had to catch up with me. I know you reap what you sow but I didn't expect for my harvest to come so soon. I knew Dwayne was a crazy ass nigga but I didn't think he would actually come looking for me. The thought of him being in the same space as my grandmother sends chills throughout my body. I can't let my grandma or anyone else I love get her on account of me.

I'm gonna do what I have to do to make sure that my family and friends don't get hurt. I haven't even told Y/N but he can tell that something is wrong with me because I haven't been my normal upbeat self. I'll tell Y/N what's going on, before it's too late.

It's a Friday night and instead of being cuddle up with my man and my baby, I'm gonna help my sister commit a crime. Turns out Dinah Jane has been living foul and Noelle wants to put an end to it. Noelle has a plan and I think it could work, Choie on the other hand feels it could go very badly. But we've been watching Miss Dinah Jane and we have a whole lot of incriminating things on her so I think she'll rule in our favor.

Y/N is in full dad mode with Devante right now and I love it. Devante has gotten a bath and now he's running around in his onesie and Y/N has a matching one on as well.

"Who are you getting ready to go to war with?" Y/N asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Army green and black, those are fighting colors." Y/N said.

I smiled slightly and ran the comb through my bone straight hair, "It's nothing babe." I said.

"Okay. Are you gonna be gone long?" Y/N asked.

"Probably not, the girls and I are gonna kick it for awhile and I'll be home before you guys have a chance to miss me." I said.

"Alright baby girl." Y/N said.

"What are you guys gonna do while I'm out?" I asked.

Y/N hopped on the bed and Devante crawled onto his lap. "We are gonna do some more flash cards and probably watch cartoons after that."

Since Devante has been spending time with Y/N his vocabulary has picked up a lot. Little by little he's putting words together and making little sentences.

"I smart boy." Devante said.

"That's right handsome. What else are you?" I asked.

"Uhhh, handsome, strong, and...black!" Devante said.

"And black is?" I asked.

"Bootiful!" Devante cheered.

"Very good baby boy!" I picked Devante up and attacked him with kisses and tickles, then he passed gas on me. "You're doing so good with your words I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you Mani." Devante said.

"You're welcome handsome." I said.

Some people say that the girlfriend and the baby mama can't get along. I beg to differ, it can work if all parties involved are mature and want the child to grow up in a healthy, loving environment. Y/N, Natalie, and myself sat down and talked about how we were gonna work together to make sure Devante has a happy childhood.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"Gawjuss." Devante said.

"Perfect. Now I'm gonna hand you back to your hand because I gotta go but I will be home very soon." I said.

"Okay Ma." Devante said.

I sat him down and Y/N gently took me by my hand. Then he said those three little words that changes everything.