Chapter Twenty Two.

Y/N POV

Another day at a job that's starting become a bore for me. You would think that being an assistant manager would make a guy smile, it doesn't. I'm just really uncertain about certain aspects of my life at this moment.

I'm sitting in my office updating our Facebook page because Bubba's gonna run a special on some of his meats and he's tryin to draw in a large ground. Since Normani's got Bubba using social media to improve business we've had some large crowds come through here lately. At first it was cool but lately I'm just nonchalant about work. I make deliveries, chop meat, and answer phones. What a great job?

I finished posting the sale and sat back in the office with my feet propped up on the desk. "You doing alright Y/N?" Bubba asked.

"Yeah I was just taking a minute. I made a post about the sale like you wanted." I said.

"Appreciate it. You and Normani can clock out early today." Bubba said.

"Thanks." I stopped up and took off my apron, "You alright son?" Bubba asked.

"Yeah I'm alright." I said.

"Hold on, I know that look. Tell me what's on your mind." Bubba said.

"It's nothing Bubba, just a little tired that's all." I said.

"Y/N, I'm more than your boss, I'm family.  I can spot when something is wrong. Now talk to me." Bubba said.

I sat on the desk and ran my fingers through my curls, "Have you ever been unsure about stuff Bubba?" I asked.

"Plenty of times." Bubba said.

"How'd you deal with it?" I asked.

"I just did it." Bubba said.

"Even if you were unsure and afraid of failure?" I asked.

Bubba nodded, "I almost didn't open this place. At point I'd settled for working underneath someone, it's was great at first. A steady paycheck, benefits, some sense of job security. But since I had learned the business from my old boss I was certain that I could do the same thing but have better prices and bring my customers to my spot. Then I got scared." He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"My wife found out she was pregnant with our first child and the what ifs kicked in. What if we go broke? What if no one buys my product? All the what if's you could think about? But once I changed my mindset and got a push from my wife, I took the chance and now look at me. Best butcher shop in town with the best employees any boss can ask for." Bubba said.

I smiled and nodded, we are a weird bunch but we always get the job done. Scratch that, the only weird person here is Timmy, everyone else is normal.

"The moral of the story son, do what scares you the most. It maybe the best thing that happens to you." Bubba said.

"I hear you man. Thanks for the talk." I said.

"No problem. If there's anything I mean anything I can do to help you, let me know." Bubba said.

"Yes sir." I said.

"Now get out of here." Bubba said.

I walked out front and clocked out, Normani was ringing up a customer. "After this we can leave." I said.

"Say less." Normani said.

I looked up and Nolan was coming down the side wide with his daughter in his arms. Nolan walked in the shop, "Here she is Y/N." He said.

"Who dat?" Aulani asked.

"This is your Uncle Y/N, baby girl." Nolan said.

I held out my arms for Aulani and she came right to me. I looked at her and she was a small version of Nolan with cute blonde ponytails.