Chapter Thirty-Five.

Four years later

Y/N POV

It's amazing how your life can change over the course of four years. You walk into something as one person but over time your transform into a totally different person. Since I've become a Marine I have really become a different person. Being a Marine has taught me a lot about service and responsibility, but it's most of all it's taught me a lot about myself.  From the time I was at basic training all the way up to now I've learned something new about myself.

Being in the Marines tested me physically, emotionally, and mentally. When I first got here I was a small country boy who could barely do pull ups. But with the intense PT I've been doing I've packed on some serious muscle. If you try to swing on me now I'll break your arm and beat your own ass with it. This job really does take a toll on your mental health  too. Being out in the desert without decent sleeping conditions, far away from your loved ones, uncertain about what's gonna happen next. It forces you to rely on your mental strength to get you through it.

But the beauty in all of this is that I haven't been through all of this alone. The guys in platoon are some of the best men I've ever know. The countless hours we've spent together have really strengthened our bond. Whenever one of us is down we rally together to pick each other up and carry on. Since I'm a twin I have bad separation anxiety. Being away from Nolan is so hard, I feel like a piece of me is missing and I know he's going through it too.

The hardest part is being away from my family. My parents and I have butted heads over the years about me going into the military but they're my parents and I miss them so much. I miss my nieces, all four of them. My brother Kurtis's baby girl has grown up so fast and she looks like my brother the older she gets. From what I hear Aulani is giving Nolan a run for his money too, with her busy behind. Noelle got pregnant and had twin girls, Chanel and Paris. The thought of Nolan having all girls is hilarious to me. I think this is God's way of punishing Nolan for mistreating girls when he was younger.

As for me, my little family is great. Natalie and I are engaged and we've had three new editions to our family. The first edition was a dog, Devante wanted a dog so we got him a Golden Retriever and named him Rufus. Then one weekend I came home after being away for a few months, Natalie and I got married, and had sex almost everyday. Now I have twin boys, Levi and Marc. My boys are the same age as Nolan's girls and all of them are very close. I can't wait until I'm reunited with my family again.

I've been told by my superiors that I might be leaving soon so I've started packing the larger things I wanted to keep and shipped it back home. The only thing I need to take with me are my clothes and my pictures.

I just finished my morning run now I don't know what to do with my time. I was walking around base when my superior called out for me.

"Y/L/N, may I have a word?"

"Yes sir." I said.

Sergeant Lawson, the biggest meanest man I have ever met. He's the kinda guy that will stand behind you for five minutes and not saying anything and right when you get comfortable he'll say, "boo" and scare the shut out of you. I walked into his office and stood at attention.

"At ease. Have a seat." He said.

I sat down but made sure to sit up straight with my head held high. "Good news Y/L/N, you're free to go."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes sir, you have served your time and in three days you are free to go home and be with your family." Lawson said.

I let out a sigh of relief and smiled, "Thank you sir. I've been waiting on that for awhile." I said.

"So what are your plans when you get out of here son?" Lawson asked.