Monkey D. Luffy the Chess Pro

Hello everyone! Sorry but my wifi/internet was unexpectedly cut off and I am at a library to make this chapter! We got some reviews for this week so..

Review(s)

Phonenix on chapter 27: this was a nice change up from the way you usually write. Sometimes it's good to experiment :D though, not in the likeness of Caesar XP.

Thank you, a certain reviewer suggested it, every now and then I will try to switch it up every now and then. :)

Tanithlipsky on chapter 27: sweet! multi-talented luffy ftw!

Yes, talented Luffy is the best Luffy

Guest on chapter 12: Im swedish and was very suprised

Är du svensk eller icke svensk

Eller är du spansk?

Jag är mexikan, alltså spansk, men jag har en vän som kan svenska det är därför...lol my friend helped me say that.

Sena_Yukio on Chapter 26: Hey, what do you know....that's my name XD

Lol I just randomly thought of it, maybe it was meant to be.

Alrighty I hope you guys like this chapter and this chapter is for AmandaJean12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28: Monkey D. Luffy the Chess Pro

It was a chill day on the Thousand Sunny, it was a warm day with the perfect amount of wind in the air, it was perfect relaxation weather.

The crew and their guest recently left an island as they got all the supplies they needed, but one pirate was fortunate enough to get a game for free on the island.

Said pirate was on the grassy part of the deck opening the new game in excitement.

"Luffy-Kun when did you get that game?" Kin'emon said as he entered the deck area and saw the straw-hatted captain opening a box.

Luffy smiled at the samurai, "Well since it will take a while to get to Zou and the Wano Kingdom, might as well kill some time right?"

Luffy finally unboxed the game which turned out to be a chess board.

"Well, I don't know who to play with though," Luffy said to himself as he set up the all the pieces to the game.

"Sorry, Luffy-kun I do not know how to play," Kin'emon said as he decided to leave to some other part of the deck to talk to Brook and Momonosuke.

Luffy put a hand on his chin and thought for a few seconds.

"Oi! Minna, who knows how to play chess?" Luffy shouted loud enough so everyone can hear him.

Then soon enough a marimo with swords stepped onto the deck.

"I do," Zoro said quietly and certain strawhats looked at the swordsman in surprise.

"You know how to play chess?" Chopper asked innocently to the swordsman.

"Of course, it's not that hard of a game, I just know how to play because I played chess a lot as a kid for mental practice," Zoro said as he walked toward Luffy and sat across from him.

Luffy smiled and he finished setting up the pieces.

"Ready Zoro?" Zoro smirked.

"Just watch out Sencho, I actually pretty good at this." Luffy just smiled and said the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The crew and guest decided to scoot closer to the captain and first mate of the ship and watched in wonder.

Zoro looks at the board, he picks the black side which leaves Luffy with the white pieces and the game begins.

Luffy grabs his pawn that was E2 and moves straight across to E4.

Zoro thinks for a bit and moves his pawn from the E7 square to the E5 square.

Luffy notices that Zoro's pawn at F7 is a weak point and thinks of a strategy.

Luffy smiles discreetly and grabs his bishop that was on F1 and moves it to C4, Zoro tries to think of a rebuttal and moves his knight from B8 to C6.

Luffy smiles in his head, he starts to activate his queen, he moves the piece from D1 to F3. Luffy now has 2 pieces focusing on Zoro's pressure pawn, the F7 square.

'Come on Zoro don't fall for what I am going to do' Luffy thinks as he watches his first mate think.

Zoro thoughts slightly begin to cloud as he focuses too much on his F7 pawn and moves his D7 pawn up one square to D6, one square away from his knight.

'Wow, you actually fell for what I am going to do, silly Zoro.' Luffy thinks as he looks a bit surprised.

"That was a careless move Zoro, don't be distracted." Luffy smiles and easily moves his Queen from F3 to F7 and steals Zoro's pawn, leaving Zoro's king piece unguarded, resulting in Luffy's win.

"Checkmate shishishishishi." Luffy laughs and sees Zoro's face.

Zoro is dumbfounded, he really got careless and gave Luffy a very easy opening.

'Damn a rookie mistake.' Zoro thought, he then looked at Luffy who was still smiling.

"You got me in only 4 moves, good job captain, let's rematch but don't worry I won't be distracted this time." Zoro challenges.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The two pirates played chest for a few hours leaving Luffy at 27 wins and 8 losses and Zoro with 8 win and 27 losses.

Let just say the Mugiwara no Ichimi and friends figured out that Luffy was a chess pro. and Zoro found a new chess partner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, it was a bit short but okay I hope you liked the chapter and hopefully I get my internet back soon so I can update more regularly, I hope you had/have a great day/night/week!

For reference, because I don't know jack shit about chess I used a video LOL sorry.

Next Up: Monkey D. Luffy the Astronomer