Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:: The Past Is Not Fun
S2E9

Damon opens the door for Elena and she comes in. We start to talk about the 'fun' stuff.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." Rose says and I nod. "Who is he?" Elena asks us. "He's one of the originals, he's a legend." Damon tells her. "He's from the first generation of vampires." Stefan says. "Like Elijah?" She asks. "No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose says. "Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan says. "No. That's not right. Klaus is the third oldest. It's Finn, Elijah, then Klaus." I correct him. They all turn to me shocked. "What?" I ask them. "Is that true?" Rose asks me. "Yeah, but I'll tell my story later." I tell them. "Okay, so you're saying that one of the oldest vampires in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena asks. "Yes." Rose says. "No." Stefan says. "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..." Damon starts. "Which it is." Rose tells him. "And you're not saying it so I don't kill you." Damon says. "Which I'm not." Rose says. "Then we're looking at a solid maybe." He tells Elena. "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan says. "Not that you know of." Rose says.
"That's not helping." Damon says. "Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story." Stefan says. "He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." I tell them. "Alright, we're shaking. You two made your point." Damon says.

Elena gets up. "Where are you going?" Stefan "School. I'm late." She says. "Let me grab my stuff, I'll go with you." Stefan says. "It's okay, I know where it is." She tells him. She walks to the door and leaves. "She's in denial." Damon tells us. "Shut up, Damon." Stefan says.

10 minutes after Elena leaves she sends me a text.

(Names in each others phones)

Very Great-Niece😜❤
Ali, me and Caroline are going to the tomb. Want to join? Love to hear your story.

500 Year Old Auntie❤
Sure. Be there in 5.

I pick up my purse and leave to meet Caroline and Elena. I speed to the woods and see them standing above the tomb. "Hi girls." I say as I approach them. "Hey, Ali. So Care, you know what you have to do?" Elena says. "Yep. Distract Stefan. You two have fun. See you later, bestie." She says. "See you Care-Bear." She speeds away as we walk down the steps to the tomb. "I'll open the tomb." I go over to the tomb and slide the rock away. "Katerina?" I call into the tomb. She steps into view at the entrance. "Be careful, Sissy. Hello Elena. Come to watch me wither away?" I step away listening to my older sister's advice. "Stefan know you two are here?" she asks us. "I brought you some things." Elena tells her as she opens the bag. "You came to bribe me? What is it that you want?" she asks Elena. "I want you to tell me about Klaus. Both of you." she tells us and I look down. "Hmm, you've been busy." Katherine states. "I also brought you this." she says and pulls out the Petrova Family Bloodline Book. "It's your family history. It says in here that the family line ended with you two. Obviously that's not true." Elena says. "You thought that if you brought me some family keepsake that I'd open up?" Katherine says. "I also brought you this." Elena pulls out a bottle of blood. Katerina rushes forward but runs into the barrier. I slide down the wall and sit on the ground. "You don't look so good. How long before your body shuts down? 10, 20 years? It must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even imagine." Katherine sits on the ground as Elena pours some blood into a small cup. She grabs a stick and pushes it towards her. Katherine grabs the cup and drinks as she also regains some of her color. "You have the Petrova Fire." She says and I nod with a smile. "More blood?" Katherine pushes the cup out and Elena refills it. "It's a long story, Klaus and I. It goes all the way back to England, 1492, after I left Bulgaria. Or was thrown out." She says. "Thrown out?" Katherine looks to me saying I should speak. "Our family, your true ancestors, they disowned Katerina. Her indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. She had a baby out of wedlock. The shame." I say. "It was kept secret?" she asks us. I look at Katherine and nod for her to continue. "Mhmm. My baby was given away. I was banished to England, so I had to learn to adjust. So I quickly became English. It was there that Natalia caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus, but he also needed me. I was taken with him at first, til I found out what he was and what he wanted from me. And then I ran like hell." she tells her.

As they speak I pace around the tomb. "Natalia, I'm done. You're turn." she turns around and starts reading the Petrova book. "I'll tell you. Come on let's get out of here." I tell Elena. "Bye Sissy." Katerina says. "Bye, Katerina."

I sit down beside Elena. "So, can I hear your story?" Elena asks. I smile and say, "Of course. It all started the night they sent Katerina away." I say.

Flashback: Bulgaria, 1490
Sleep didn't come easily, at all. I hear Katerina get up and grab her things. Knowing that she is outside and that everyone is asleep I get dressed and walk outside. "Katerina!" I call out. She turns around and smiles a sad smile. "Go back inside, Natalia." She tells me. "I want to come with you." I tell her. "No, you must stay." "Please, Katerina. There is nothing here for me. Take me with you to England." I say now noticing the tears running down my cheek. She wipes them away and says, "Fine. Come on." I smile and grab the bag I had on the porch.
Flashback over

"Wow. She seemed so nice back then." Elena says. "She was. Shall we continue?" I ask. "Yes. Keep going."

Flashback: England, 1492
Katerina and I have adjusted well in England. We've been invited to a ball tonight and the hosts are also inviting us to stay with them. We walk into the huge mansion as someone take our coats. "Look at this! It's beautiful!" I say happily. "It is. Look there is Lord Elijah Mikaelson. Let's go say hi." She says. I follow her as she pulls me towards him. "Hello Lord Elijah." I say my British accent sounding real. "Hello Miss Natalia." Katerina and Lord Elijah start to speak. "My brother likes to make an entrance. See here he comes now. Come with me ladies." He says nicely. We follow him until we are met with a handsome man with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. "Brother, this is Katerina and Natalia Petrova. Ladies, this is my brother Lord Niklaus Mikaelson." Elijah says. "It's nice to meet you." Katerina says. "Pleasure." he says. Elijah and Katerina walk away. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lord Niklaus." I say and curtsy. He takes my hand and brings it to his lips. "Pleasure is all mine, love." He says and I blush.
Flashback over

"Wait! You and Klaus had a thing?" she asks me. "Actually, Elena, we get engaged." I say. "Oh my god." "Yeah, but then he killed my family, was going to kill my sister, and I also got him to turn me into a vampire." "Wow." I look around and see that it's getting late. "Come on, Elena. Let's get out of here." I say and we get up to leave. Then Stefan shows up. "I'll just go."

CHAPTER EIGHT OVER! OKAY. LETS GO. SIEMPRE, BECCA💋