Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen:: The Sun Still Rises
S2E21

Elena, Jenna and I are sitting on the ground. Jenna is clutching her head. "Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?" Jenna asks. "Do you remember what happened?" Elena asks her. "You called me. You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire." she says. "Klaus. It was Klaus." I say. "He made me drink his blood. And I don't...I don't remember anything after that." she looks around, anxiously. "Where are we? What happened?" she asks. I take her hands in mine and say, "We're at the quarry. He brought us here." "Why don't I remember anything?" "Jenna, do you remember...When Elena told you how someone becomes a vampire?" I ask. "Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." she pauses, "Oh, god. He killed me." she says in realization. "Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be okay. I'm going to get both of you out of here." I tell them. "I'm a vampire?" she asks me. "And I bet you're hungry." Greta says. Greta approaches us; Jenna, Elena and I look up at her from the ground. Elena sees a sharp rock nearby and rushes to grab it, but, with a wave of her hand, Greta sends Elena flying backwards. Elena lands painfully in the dirt. Greta waves her hand again, creating a circle of fire around Elena. Elena stands up and rushes towards the flames, but finds that she can't escape. "Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do." Greta says. "Greta...Please, just- just let her go." Elena pleads. Greta slices her wrist open with the sharp rock. Blood drips from her wound. Jenna looks at it, hungrily. "Klaus chose her." Greta says. "No." I say. Greta lowers her wrist towards Jenna. "Drink." Greta says. "Jenna, don't!" I tell her. "I can't." Jenna says. "Let her go. Hey!" Elena yells. Elena's eyes glisten with tears. Jenna closes her eyes as the warm blood enters her mouth. After a few moments, Greta pulls his wrist out of Jenna's grip and Jenna falls to the ground. "That's enough." Greta says. "Jenna. It's going to be okay." I tell her. Greta stands up and pulls me with her. "Let go me, Witch-Bitch." I say. Greta flicks her wrist and another circle of fire surrounds Jenna. Jenna retreats from the flames, looking terrified. I pull out of Greta's grip. "Bitch." I mumble. I turn to Jenna. "Hey, look at me. Look at me." I say. Jenna turns her head towards me, blood still running down her chin. "It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay." I tell her. Jenna silently says "no" as the dark veins of hunger creep towards her eyes.

I start to pace around as Elena starts to talk to Jenna. "How are you feeling?" Elena asks Jenna. "I feel like myself...Only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything." Jenna explains. "Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts." I tell her. Greta puts a ring of fire around me so I can stop pacing. I glare at her as she walks away. "I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Jenna says, her eyes glistening with tears. "No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do. You too, Elena." I say. In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and Jules groaning are heard by Elena, Jenna, and I. Jenna's head snaps towards the sound. "Who's that?" Jenna asks. "That must be the werewolf." Elena says. Greta pushes Jules down to the ground. Jules clutches at her stomach, groaning in pain. "What's happening to me?" Jules asks Greta. "I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free." Greta says. "You really are a bitch aren't you?" I yell out. She rolls her eyes at me. Greta moves away, flicks her wrist, and a third ring of fire encircles Jules. "Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." Elena says. "My duty is to Klaus! The new order." Greta tells Elena. With this Klaus shows up. "Great. Prince Charming is back." I say as I roll my eyes and sit down in my ring of fire. "Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Klaus says to her. He looks at Elena, Jenna, and Jules. "Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?" he asks them.