Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine:: We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes
S4E6

After Klaus called me last night I got another call, but this one was from Hayley. She said that her, Ty, and their hybrid friend, Chris, we're going to be drinking and paying their respects to Dean. Hayley asked if I would like to join and of course I said yes. So that's why I'm here sitting on a couch in the Lockwood Mansion beside Hayley who's still drinking.

Hayley is being poured a shot as Tyler walks into the room. "You're still going? I drank enough last night and then I slept, which is what you guys should have done." Tyler says. "We're just paying our respects to Dean." Chris says and hands me another shot. "That's great, Chris, but could you pay them at a bar instead?" Tyler asks and Hayley speaks up. "Don't be mad. We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend." she tells him. Hayley walks over to Tyler and pours her shot in his mouth. She wipes her thumb across his bottom lip and sticks her thumb in her mouth. At this moment Klaus enters the room. "Perfect timing, Prince Charming." I say then swallow the shot. I pour another and he smirks as he turns to look at Tyler and Hayley. "Well, don't let me interrupt." Klaus says to them and I roll my eyes. "I didn't know you were here." Tyler says and Klaus smirks. "Clearly." Klaus says then takes a drink from a bottle of alcohol he brought with him. "I just popped round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when I arrived, I learnt that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter." Klaus says and I take his bottle away from him. I drink some of the alcohol then hand it back. "Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a suicide mission." Hayley states with anger. "Maybe you should mind your business, wolf girl." Klaus says and I send him a warning look. "What do you care if Connor's dead anyway?" Tyler asks him. "I have my reasons. They've ceased to matter. Cheers." Klaus says then raises the bottle of alcohol and takes a drink. There's a knock at the door and Tyler goes to answer it. Caroline enters with a box of stuff. "I brought your stuff. Old laptop, your jersey, the charm bracelet." Caroline says and I walk towards her with a knowing smile. "Care, this isn't a good time." Tyler says and sighs. "Just take it." she says and shoves the box into Tyler's hands. Klaus places his bottle down and walks over to Caroline and I. "Caroline." Klaus starts. Caroline looks at him and folds her arms across her chest. "By the break-up drama unfolding before me I assume you've met Hayley." Klaus says with a smirk and smack him on the back if the head. "Don't start, Nik." I warn and he just glares at me as Caroline says nothing. "All right, come on, let's go. Let's leave them alone. Your talents are needed elsewhere." Klaus says to his hybrids. "For what?" Tyler asks. "I think you've got more important things to deal with, mate." Klaus says then him and his hybrids leave. Caroline closes the door and smiles. "Do you think he bought it?" Caroline asks. "Hell, I bought it." I say and Caroline laughs. She looks at Hayley and says, "Thanks for the heads up that he was here, Hayley." "You girls are good liars." Tyler says then kisses Caroline. Hayley watches them, awkwardly. "Let's go, Wolfy." I say and pull her out the room with me.

"Hey, Nikki! Wait up!" I call out as I walk down the steps of the Lockwood Mansion. "Ah, the oh so beautiful Natalia! What can I do for you, my love?" he asks with a smirk and I roll my eyes. "Where are you headed?" I ask him and walk closer to him. "Why would you like to know?" he questions. "Because I'm bored. So..." I trail off and send him a pleading look. He sighs and says, "Alright. We have to get Elena." he says and I roll my eyes. "Again with Elena. I thought she wasn't useful to you anymore?" I ask and he nods. "You're right, she isn't, but I bet shaft she has the hunter's curse." he says and my eyes widen. "You used to tell me about that. It's when you kill a hunter and they torment you until one day you try to kill yourself." I state, remembering the story Nik told me about what happened when he killed the Five. He nods and says, "Yes. Sometimes people do kill themselves." I nod and say, "Well, I guess we help her." "I'm happy your on board. Now, let's go." he says. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me along with him. "Is that necessary?" I ask him and he chuckles. "Yes, Natalia, it is." he says and smirks. "Well, in my case it is." I look at him and roll my eyes, but with a smile.