Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:: The End Of The Affair
S3E3

"Welcome back to Chicago." Klaus says as we get out the car. "What are we doing here?" Stefan asks him. "I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus says. "Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur. Weren't you in Chicago in the 20's, Ali?" Stefan asks me. "I came to help Lexi fix your ripper problem." I say as I look down. "We ran into each other, I remember." Klaus says to me then turns to Stefan, "Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend."

"Chicago was magical." Klaus says after talking about Stefan when he was in Chicago. "Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan says. "Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus asks. "Why am are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" I ask him. "We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." he says as he gets in the car. Stefan and I look at each other then follow him.

We walk up to Gloria's Bar. "Wow. Lexi and I came here." I say as I look up. "This is where we ran into each other, love. Look familiar?" he asks Stefan. "I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan says. "Got to be kidding me." Gloria says. "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender" Klaus starts but Gloria cuts him off, "Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." She turns to Stefan and I. "I remember you two." she says. "Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..." Stefan says. "Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" she asks us and I laugh. "Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus says. "I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." she says. "Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?" Klaus asks Stefan. "Yeah, sure thing." Klaus pulls me to sit beside him. He looks at Gloria. "You look ravishing, by the way." he says as Gloria and I roll our eyes. "Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels." Gloria says. "So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse." Klaus says. I lean back in my chair and look around as they speak. I hear Rebekah's name and a small smile takes over my lips. I look over at Stefan and see him pull something off the wall. I get up and walk towards him. He holds a picture of him and Klaus. "Oh, my god." I whisper and he nods. "What is this?" Stefan asks Klaus. "Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place." Klaus responds with a smirk. "But this is me. With you." he says.

We are walking through a warehouse filled with crates. "This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you?" Stefan asks Klaus. "You said it yourself: that time had a lot of dark holes." Klaus says. "No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?" Stefan asks. "I'm a little busy right now. Memory Lane will have to wait." Klaus says. "What the hell is going on? Answer me." Stefan demands. "Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you." Klaus says. Klaus starts talking about Stefan's past.

"Your sister. So I knew another Original vampire." Stefan says. "I knew most of the family." I say as we walk towards the coffins. "If you can't handle it, then don't ask." Klaus tells him. "Which one is Kol's?" I ask as I circle the coffins. Klaus looks at me and says, "We aren't letting him out." Klaus walks over to a number of coffins which contain Original vampires. Klaus opens one. Rebekah is lying dead in it with a dagger stabbed in her chest. He smiles and gently touches her face. "I don't recognize her." Stefan states. "Well, don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than his." I tell him while pointing at Klaus still searching for Kol's coffin. He removes the dagger from her heart. "Time to wake up, little sister. Any day now, Rebekah." Rebekah still lies there dead. "She's being dramatic." Klaus says. "Give me a hint, Nik." I say to him. "Okay, no." he says and I groan. "Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on? I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?" Stefan asks. "Well, you have many useful talents." Klaus says. "Do I?" Stefan asks. "In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you." Klaus says and starts talking about the past again.