Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Forty-One:: O Come, All Ye Faithful
S4E9

Yesterday, I did nothing. Caroline called and told me that Elena is sired to Damon, which also is what Klaus meant when he said that I'd eventually find out. Caroline and Stefan also know that I'm staying with Klaus. To that information Caroline literally squealed into the phone and said that she was happy that I was making progress with Klaus, but Stefan said be careful. After the phone call with the two of them Klaus and I stayed at his place, talking, until I decided to go pick up some of my things. We haven't done anything about the kiss we shared, but I have woken up in his arms every morning. Well, until this morning. I get out of the empty bed and get dressed in a t-shirt, pair of jeans, and some converses. I brush my hair and throw it into a messy bun. I also do some light makeup then walk downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and fix a cup of coffee then go to find Klaus.

Klaus is in the parlor painting on a canvas. I walk into the room with my cup and look at the painting. "Looks like a giant snowflake." I say with a smirk and he rolls his eyes. "I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." he tells me and I nod. A few seconds later Adrian enters the room and I feel another presence. I look towards the door and see Stefan. I smile and he returns it with one of his own. "You said it was urgent." Adrian says to Klaus and I turn back towards him. "Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Klaus orders him and I sigh. "You want me to be a delivery guy?" Adrian questions him and I mentally slap him. Klaus walks forward and closes the space between him and Adrian with an annoyed expression. "What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude." Klaus tells him. Adrian grimaces and walks over to the painting. He picks it up and starts to leave the room. "And be careful with that. It's still wet." he calls out and Stefan finally decides to speak up. "Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan points out and Klaus finally looks at him. "What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labour? What are you doing here?" Klaus asks him. Stefan walks down the stairs and into the room we are in. "Elena is sired to Damon." Stefan says and Klaus smirks. "I intuited as much." he says and Stefan rolls his eyes. "Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes." Stefan says and I laugh quietly. "I've delivered." Klaus says as he walks away and grabs a cloth to wipe the paint off his hands. "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark." Klaus says. "Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." Stefan points out and I nod. "Sounds like quite the chore. Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work." Klaus says with a smirk. "Hmm, or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." Stefan says and I give him a look. "Why would I lie to you, Stefan?" Klaus asks and I start to think about all the reasons as to why he would. Klaus strides past Stefan and towards a vault in the other room. "We're in this together." he says. Stefan looks at me, but we follow Klaus into the other room. Klaus turns the dial on the vault and opens it up. He takes the sword out. "The hilt acts as a cipher which we'll use to decode the marks on Jeremy's tattoo when he's killed enough vampires to complete it." Klaus says and places the sword down on a table. He takes a seat on the sofa and props his feet up on the same table. Stefan picks the sword up and examines it as I walk over and sit on the couch as well. "I heard you moved out of your house." he says and looks over at me. I roll my eyes at him as Stefan looks at him. "Bit of a martyr move, hm?" Klaus asks with a smirk. "I'm not here to bond, Klaus." Stefan says and places the sword back on the table. "Oh, on the contrary, I think right now I'm the best friend you've got." Klaus says with a smirk and I roll my eyes again.