Chapter Twenty-Four

Twenty-Four:: The New Deal
S3E10

I walk into the Mystic Grill after seeing Stefan. I look over to see Elena and Bonnie at a table while Damon and Alaric sit at the bar. I walk over to Elena and Bonnie. "Hey Natalie." Bonnie says. "Hey girls. May I?" I ask pointing at the chair. "Please do. We need you to tell us your opinion." Elena says. I laugh and say, "Okay. Spill." "I feel like I'm going crazy. Totally paranoid all the time." Elena says. "You have a right to be. Klaus is still out there and he knows you tried to kill him." I say. "Why hasn't he made a move? There has been no sign of him. Nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity." Elena says. "Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare. On repeat." Bonnie says. "The same dream?" I ask. "Yeah! Four coffins, Klaus is in one of them. It's weird." she says. "What if it's not just some dream? What if it's like...you know...witch dream?" Elena suggests. "It's just stress. I'll figure it out. And what about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?" Bonnie asks. "He betrayed us Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone." Elena says. "How is Damon handling it?" Bonnie asks. "Damon is...Damon." I say.

Elena is on the phone leaving another message for Jeremy. "Jeremy, the minute that you get this call me!!" she hangs up. Damon gets a bulls-eye.
"Unbelievable!!" she says in frustration. "You are feisty when you are mad." Damon says and I roll my eyes. "It's not that I'm mad. I'm just-I'm worried." she says. "But why? He lost his job at the Grill. He can survive, Elena." Damon tells her. "He is spiraling. Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he is moody, he is not really talking to anyone." she says. "It's a typical teenager." I tell her. "Who's seeing ghosts and has lost everyone that he cares about." she says. "Not everyone. He still has you." I tell her. "You're right. Look I'm gonna go. Talk to you two later." she says. "See you, Lena." I say as she walks away. Damon shoots a dart then goes to the board to get all of his darts. "You okay?" I ask him. "What makes you think I'm not okay?" he asks me. "Well, you're daydrunk. It's not exactly your most attractive look." I say. "Hmm- what is my most attractive look?" he asks and walks closer to me. "Ah, ah- I'm not saying you have any attractive looks. I'm saying this is my least favorite one..." I tell him. "Noted. See if I can make any improvements." he says. "Don't mind me." a British accent says from behind me. I turn around to look at the person. "Klaus." I say. "You gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?" Damon asks him. "I don't know what you are talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate." Klaus says still looking at me. A hybrid comes up behind him. "Get in a round, would you, Tony?" Klaus asks the hybrid. "I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour." Damon says. "My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out." Klaus responds. "Cute blonde bombshell, psycho. Shouldn't be too hard to find." Damon says. "Truth is I've grown to rather like your little town. Think I might fancy a home here. Oh I imagine you're wondering how does this is affect you. The answer is: not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word." Klaus says. "What more could you possibly want?" I ask him. "Well for starters, you can tell me where I might find Stefan." Klaus says. "Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass." Damon says and I nod, although I know the truth. "Well you see that is a shame."
Klaus throws a dart and gets a bulls-eye. "Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine." "That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem." I say. Klaus moves toward me. Damon tries to get in the way, but Klaus pushes him away. "Ha. Well this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart." he says with a smirk.

After our Klaus run-in, Damon and I head to the boarding house. I go to the library and grab a book. Damon fixes me a drink when my phone goes off.

New Message from Steffy😛🤘

Steffy😛🤘
Bonnie is going to find a way to hide the coffins. Don't tell anyone.