Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3........

Thursday came along and I didn't go to school. I brushed my teeth and went to the living room and watched TV. I watched Tom & Jerry, then I got a bowl of cereal. My mom already left for work I'll see her later anyway. After an hour I started watching Ridiculousness to get my spirits up. It helped a little bit because I was laughing super hard. Then I heard a knock at the door, but this wasn't any ordinary knock, the person was bangin' on the door. I grabbed the metal bat I kept in the closet and my cell phone. I walked up to the door cautiously, one thing I don't like about this apartment is that they don't have peep holes. I unlocked the door slowly and opened the door and held up the bat quick.

"What you think you gon do with that Cree?"

"Well you knockin' on peoples door like somebody owe you somethin'."

"Aww did I scare you sis."

"Hell yea, but I was prepared to do damage." I said pushing him playfully. "Hey stinkah." I said hugging Aria.

"Hey Cookie."

"Why y'all out of school so early, its only 12 o'clock."

"I wanted ice cream." She said going into my kitchen. "Plus I wasn't feeling to well and I also wanted to spend the last day with my Cookie."

"Aww that's sweet."

We all sat on the couch and told stories and reminisced about old times.

"I remember when I met Rel at the park." I said. I always thought that he was in my grade but he was a year older. "I wanted to get on the swing because this boy was on the swing for like an hour and wouldn't get off, so I got mad and called him a butt head. Then he got up and pushed me and I fell and I started cryin'. I guess Rel saw the whole situation because he came over and beat up the boy and made him apologize and we been cool ever since."

"Aww that's so cute." Aria said.

"Girl I remember when I met you." I said rolling my eyes and sitting back.

Flashback

I was walking and then I saw this crowd of people in the lunchroom form. I was wondering what was going on, then I just thought it was another fight, so I didn't pay it any mind and kept talking to Terrel as we sat at a lunch table, I was in 7th grade and Terrel was in the 8th. Then I heard someone scream out 'OH SHIT SHE GETTIN' JUMPED.' And I'm not one to stand by and let someone get jumped, so we got up and went over to the crowd. All I saw was this small girl fighting two girls. The only reason she got jumped is because she was whoppin' the first girl ass. Now I jumped in and helped her out and we been cool ever since. But her so called best friend at the time didn't help her and was standin' by recordin' the whole scene, so I fucked her up for bein' a fake ass friend.

Flashback Over

"Yea I remember too, and I am so thankful that you came when you did Cookie. That day is when I found out who my real friends were."

Hours passed by and my mom came home. It was already 7:30, so I decided to get ready. I didn't put on anything special just some jeans and a Nike 'Just Do It' T-shirt, my blue white and grey Jordan's. When I was finished getting ready it was around 8:35. I looked in my suitcases to see if I had everything and checked around my room to see if I was leaving anything. My room looked so empty, all my shoes and all my clothes in the two suitcases that I have. I looked around my room one last time and walked out to the living room where everybody was waiting for me.

"I'm ready." I said after a deep sigh.

"Alright then let's go." My mom said. 

I grabbed my suitcase and Terrel grabbed the other one. Aria grabbed my duffle bag and linked arms with me as we walked down the long hallway. We walked to the car in silence, I loaded all my things in the trunk and sat in the backseat with Aria as she was still linking arms with me and she laid her head on my shoulder. It was an hour drive to the train station. The ride was completely silent, I just looked out the window and took everything in at once as I was leaving my Brooklyn behind, a light tear fell from my eye but I quickly wiped it away.

We finally reached the train station. It was 10:45, we reached a little later than we wanted to because we got caught in some traffic. We sat in the boarding area for quite some time in silence, we all looked sad.

"Passengers to Atlanta the train is boarding." The lady on intercom said.

"Well I guess that's me." I said grabbing my bags. Then we all headed towards the train.

"I'm gonna miss you Cookie." Aria said with a pouty face and teary eyes.

"Don't cry Stinkah you're gonna make me cry." But it was already too late. I was balling my eyes out. "I'm gonna miss you too Stinkah." I said pulling her into a hug.

"I love you Cookie and I will most definitely be visiting." She said hugging me back.

"I love you too, and I will be expecting your visit." I said pulling away from the hug.

I turned towards Terrel then gave him a long hug. "I'm gonna miss my second big bro." I said in his chest.

He rested his chin on my head. "And imma miss my second lil sis." I pulled away from the hug and looked at my mom.

I walked over to my mom and hugged her. " I know you're doing this for the better, and hopefully this move will help me change, I just want to let you know that I am willing to work on my attitude for the sake of me." I said softly. "I love you mom and I'm gonna miss you."

"I love you too and I'm gonna miss you as well." She said pulling away from the hug. "Make sure you call your aunt when you reach the station." She said handing me a piece of paper folded with my aunts number on it.

"Okay well I'll see you guys. And Rel remember what we talked about."

"Aight sis I gotchu and remember what I told you." I nodded my head as I made my way on the train with my luggage.

I waved at them as the train pulled off. On the midnight train to Georgia. (l0l)