Chapter 10

Chapter 10..

Cree POV

Well its now Friday and Malik still hasn't asked me to the Homecoming dance. I'm not pressed I just really want to go with him. I've been dropping little hints about the dance to him all week, but still nothing. Today I plan on asking him myself before lunch, which should be in a little while.

I sat in third period staring at the clock waiting for the last five minutes to be up. It just felt like a lifetime before the bell rang.

"Why do you keep staring at the clock?" Nika whispered to me.

"Because, I'm trying to meet Malik at his locker and ask him to the dance." I whispered back.

She nodded her head in understanding. Soon after the bell rang and I quickly grabbed my things and rushed out of the class. I made it down to the first floor to put my things in my locker. I closed my locker after putting my things inside and walked down the hallway a little until I reached Malik's locker. He was putting his things away and looking fine as always.

"Hey Malik."

"Wassup Cree?"

"Nothing much I just wanted to ask you something."

"Okay, wassup?"

"Okay so you know about the d-"

"Hold that thought." He said cutting me off. He called out to Zamia and I rolled my eyes.

"Wassup Malik?" She asked switching extra hard and stopping in front of him.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the Homecoming dance with me?" When he asked her it felt like my heart dropped into my stomach and all the air left my body.

"Sure, I would love to." She said with a smile.

"Great, so I'll call you later on with details."

"Yea, you have my number so just hit me up."

"Will do." He said then watched her walk down the hallway. Then he turned and looked at me. "So what was it that you wanted to ask me?"

I was automatically filled with anger and didn't want to talk to him anymore. "Nothing, I forgot." I said and stormed down the hallway and into the lunch room.

I didn't even have an appetite. I noticed that this is a pattern, when ever I get irritated or mad, I lose my appetite and that isn't good. But I have noticed an improvement on my attitude. That little scene that happened in the hallway, I would have cussed both of them out but I just left it alone.

I sat at the table with my headphones in just staring ahead, everyone at the table tried to talk and see what was wrong but I just didn't talk. Soon after Malik came and sat at the table along with Zamia. They sat next to each other and was just all up in each others faces.

I couldn't take it, I felt like I was loosing my breath and my chest was getting tight. I stood up quick and made my way out of the cafeteria. I went into the bathroom and held my chest as I tried to get my breathing under control.

Nika came into the bathroom and took my headphones out of my ear and rested my ipod on the counter. "Cree what happened back there?"

"He asked her instead of me." I said and started crying.

Nika came and wrapped her arms around me. "Who did he ask?"

"Zamia." I said and sobbed on to her shoulder.

"Aww Cree."

I pulled away from her embrace and wiped my eyes. "He asked her right in front of my face. I was about to ask him when he cut me off to ask Zamia instead."