Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I was downstairs in my room talking to Terrance about the situation at hand and trying to figure something out.

"I'ma tell Ma that I'm staying out here in Georgia."

"But what if she suspects somethin'?" I asked.

"I'll just tell her that I wanna get out of New York, or that I wanna be near you since I haven't seen you in four years or some shit like that."

I laughed at him. "Well where are you gonna stay, because Aunty isn't gonna let you stay here?" I asked.

"I'm good, I got enough money to get me a decent apartment out here for a while." He said.

"You just got this all figure out huh?" I said.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Sorta." He said.

I walked out the room with Terrance following behind me. We walked into the living room where my mom was sitting and packing up her stuff for her departure tomorrow.

"Ma, Terrance has something to tell you." I said walking over and plopping down in the couch under the window.

"Okay." She dragged out. "What is it?" She asked.

He took a deep breath. "I'm gonna stay out here for a little while longer." He said in one breath.

"How much longer?" She asked.

"Well you know I haven't seen Cree in four years and-"

"How much longer Terrance?" She interrupted when he didn't answer her question.

"A couple months." He said lowly.

Her eye switched from Terrance to me. "Did you have something to do with idea miss?"

I shook my head no. "He thought of this on his own."

She raised her eyebrow then looked at Terrance. "Okay Terrance, but remember if anything goes wrong out here you can always come back home." She assured him.

"I know Ma." He said giving her a side hug.

My mom gave a deep sigh and looked out the window over the couch that I was on. "I'm leavin' my babies out here, ugh I can't believe it. I love you all and I thank God for you, I just wish I could have this bond with Nika." I said.

"You will, not right now but you will in time, only because everything unfolded so fast and awkwardly." I said.

"You're right."

We stayed up and talked a little more until we got tired. My mom stayed in the living room while Terrance and I went back down to my room. I got him a pillow and blanket and he slept on the floor.

I turned the lamp off and wrapped myself in my covers and drifted off to sleep.

****************

I was awaken from my sleep by a loud pounding sound. I sat up in my bed and looked down at Terrance to see if her heard it, but he was sound asleep.

"Terrance?" I called to him. He didn't answer. I called to him again but he just shifted and put the covers over his head.

I got out of my bed and walked out my room as the loud pounding continued. The rain was coming down really hard as well with loud thunder following it. The lights in the living room were still on so I went up but my mom was sleeping.

'Does she not hear this loud ass knocking?' I thought to myself.

My aunt wasn't home because she went on a date with Mr. Rockwell. The knocking continued and I just went down to open the door. 'Its probably Jamar or aunty, if it was anybody else they would stop knocking.' I thought as I went down the first set of stairs that stopped in front of the door. I unlocked both locks and opened the door to someone in all black with a hoodie over their head, I knew it wasn't my aunt so it had to be Jamar. His head was held down so I couldn't see his face.