Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Aria POV

I woke in a hospital bed with an oxygen mask over my face, and still in the clothes that was covered in Terrel's now dried blood. I blinked a few more times to adjust my eyes to the bright light in the room. I looked over at Santos sitting in the chair next to my bed, he was sleeping and his hand was holding up his head and his mouth was wide open.

I chuckled a little then cleared my throat. He closed his mouth and sat up in the chair quickly and cleared his throat. "Wassup Aria how you feelin'?" He asked, his voice raspy.

"Good, bad, worried, stressed, everything in one." I said.

The room door opened and in came the doctor and Ms. West following closely behind him. "Hi Miss Perez how are you feelin'?" He asked.

"Still a little dizzy but I'm fine, but more importantly how is the baby?" I asked a little worried.

"The baby is doing just fine." He assured.

"Okay, that's good." I said feeling relieved. "Doc can you give me an update on how Terrel West is doing please?"

"Yea I can do that, just give me a minute." He said then turned to walk away.

"Thank you." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"No problem." He said then walked out of the room.

Any stranger that walked in this room could feel the tension right now. I looked up at the ceiling and just hoped to God that Terrel would be okay and make it out of surgery alive.

"Uh, I'm gonna go see what the doctor has to say about Terrel." Santos said getting up from his seat.

"Okay." I said and he walked out the room leaving me and Ms. West in there alone. She leaned against the wall and her head was low. I knew she wanted to say something by her body language but I didn't address it. I just kept looking at the tiles on the ceiling, and listening to the monitors beep from numerous patients in different rooms and the chatter from the nurses and doctors in the hallway.

"Aria?" Ms. West said.

I turned and face her. "Yes Ms. West?" I said coldly.

She looked at me and took a deep breath. "I just want to apologize, I mean its my fault that you lying here right now." She said. "I'm sorry for all the trouble that I caused you tonight, I was just upset and I didn't know who to blame so I just lashed out on you." She explained. She hung her head low before speaking up again. "I made you a target for my anger because I'm jealous." She said.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her comment. "But why?" I asked.

"Because." She said then looked up at me. "I'm no longer the number one woman in Terrel's life now that he has you, I know it sounds selfish, but once you have your baby boy and he starts datin' you're gonna feel the same way, he's always going to be your baby boy and you never want to see him with any female." She said. "Aria, sweetie all I'm asking is that I just hope you forgive me and accept my apology."

I sat there and looked at her for a minute deciding if I should forgive her or not. "I forgive you and accept your apology." I said. Of course I was going to forgive her, I'm not that mean, plus she needs my support to go through this tough time right now.

She smiled a little before walking over to the bed and giving me a hug.

Terrel POV

My body is numb.

I know they are working on me but I can't feel it. I know the doctors are in the room because I can hear them.

As they were working on me I could feel myself slipping into a dream.