Chapter 12

Chapter 12

CREE POV

I woke up late the next morning to the smell of food. I stretched my limbs and let my eyes adjust to the light coming into the room from the window. I rubbed my eyes and sat up on the bed letting my feet hang. I reached for my phone and saw that I had a few unread text messages. I clicked on Brandon's name first since his name was at the top.

'Happy Thanksgiving, I had a good time last time.' the message read. I'm glad he had fun, because I didn't. Well I did but not as much fun as he probably did.  

****Last Night****

I walked into the gym of the school that was decorated with blue and gold. My arm was linked with Brandon's as we walked over to the table with our friends. I saw Malik and Zamia over here but I didn't care this night isn't about them, its about me having fun.

"Ooo girl that dress is nice, but what happened to the one that you bought?" Nika asked giving me a hug.

"Thanks girl it's my aunts, when I zipped up my dress the zipper broke, so she let me borrow this one."

"Well it looks great, even better then the last one." She said.

"Thanks I guess." I said.

After the little chat we all got up and started dancing. Then the slow songs started to come on. Brandon grabbed my hand and pulled me away from our friends to another part of the dance floor. I locked my arms around his neck as he rested his hands on my waist. We dance to For the Rest of my Life by Robin Thicke and Tamar Braxton.

As we were dancing I felt eyes on me. I looked up thinking that it was Boog but he was looking in some other direction. 'I wonder who he lookin' at.' I thought. I looked around again until my eyes landed on Malik, I stared at him as he stared back at me. I gave a small smile and he returned it. Then Zamia looked up at him, then in my direction and saw me looking at them, then she reached up and kissed him. My jaw dropped slightly and my chest got tight, I couldn't be in the room anymore. I let go of Boog and ran out the gym.

Long story short, I left before the dance was over.

****Last Night Over****

I snapped out of my daze and replied back to Boog. 'Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and I'm glad you had fun.'

After I replied to everyone I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I grabbed my phone and walked up to the kitchen where my aunt was cooking. "Ooo Aunty you got it smellin' right." I said.

"Child that's my specialty." She said.

Just then my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Nika yelled.

"Thanks love same to you. So what are your plans for today?"

"Me and my mom goin' out to dinner."

"Y'all goin out, don't you have family to go over to."

"Nah not really."

"Oh well you not goin' out to some restaurant, girl you need some Caribbean soul food, you and Miss Lena. I'll call my uncle and see what he says."

She laughed. "Okay thanks. Just let me know what he says."

"I will." I said then hung up then dialed my uncles number.

"Hello?" My uncle answered.

"Hey uncle Charles."

"Hey Cree, what's up?"