Chapter 20.2

Chapter 20.2

Aria POV

I was panicking in the middle of the floor of the apartment, holding Terrel as his breaths became shorter.

"Ms. Sharen?" I cried but there was no answer. "Ms. Sharen?" I called out again but still no answer. A few minutes later Santos came in with the paramedics behind him. "Thank God." I said relieved. They came over to me and took Terrel from my arms then put him on a stretcher and put a oxygen mask over his face. 

Santos came over to me and held me as I cried. "What happened?" He asked.

"I don't know, some dudes came in and-"

"Dudes, what they look like?"

"I don't know I was in the bathroom." I cried. "That's when I heard the gunshot. After a few seconds I walked out and saw him laying here."

"Do you know where Ms. Sharen went?"

I sniffed before speaking. "No, I heard one of them say grab her and take her to the car. Then when I came out here I called for her hoping that she would answer but I didn't hear anything." I cried lightly.

"Shit." He mumbled. "It must've been Ace crew that got her."

"The drug dealer Ace?" I asked and he nodded. 'How'd Ms. Sharen get mixed up with them.' I thought to myself.

                                                **********************

Meanwhile in Lithonia

Cree POV

"I'm so glad you came, I missed you this week." I said playing in his hair as he laid his head in my lap.

We were in the living room listening to music and just enjoying each others company. Sometime ago tonight Aria popped in my head and she has been on my mind heavy. I really want to call her but I'm with Malik and I want to spend time with him.

"You okay baby?" Malik asked taking me from my thoughts.

"Yea I'm good." I said blankly.

"You sure?"

I exhaled roughly and played with my fingers. "Not really."

"Tell me wassup."

"Well you know how you said you didn't want to share me?"

He gave a small smile "Yea, why?"

"Well I'm tryna give my time to you right now but my friend keeps poppin' up in my head and I just wanna call her and see if she's good, because I haven't talked to her in a while."

"Then go ahead and call her." He said.

He didn't have to tell me twice, I picked up my phone and unlocked it. As I was getting ready to dial her number my phone vibrated and her name flashed across the screen. "That's creepy." I said then answered. "Hello?" I heard her sniffling on the other end. "Ari what's wrong, why you cryin'?"

She exhaled loudly and spoke. "Its Terrel." She said and my heart started racing.

"What happened?"

"H-he was shot tonight Cree and I don't know what-" I didn't hear the rest of what she said because I dropped my phone.

Malik jerked in my lap then looked up at me, he raised his head from my lap when he saw my tears. "Baby what happened?"

I didn't answer him I picked up my phone and Aria was crying hysterically. "Aria what happened, where did it happen who did this?" I cried.