Chapter 17.2

Chapter 17.2

After taking off our skates we put our shoes back on and started towards the door. But then I remember that Dionne wanted to talk to me.

"Malik, I'll meet you in the car, I have to talk to Dionne."

"Aight." He said and walked out the door.

I walked back in and scanned the crowd for Dionne. My eyes landed on the party room where I saw a younger crowd. I walked over there and made my way through the crowds of youngins and some of these boys were staring really hard. I saw Dionne in the corner of the room with a Cascade cup in her hand. I walked up to her and she smiled a little.

"Hey Dionne, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Um, well I want to apologize."

"For what?" I asked pushing all my weight onto my left leg.

"For how I've been acting towards you since you been here. I mean we're family and I just feel stupid for acting the way I did towards you, I should of made you feel more comfortable but instead I acted like a bitch." She said. "I just really wanted to apologize, and Zamia should be apologizing too but she so damn stubborn." She said

I nodded my head and chuckled a little. "I accept your apology, but I don't understand why you made it your purpose to act the way you did towards me I did nothing wrong." She said.

"I know I know, I guess you can say we were jealous. Zamia won't admit it but I will." She said laughing.

"But why though?" I asked.

"I don't know, I guess because you gained friends so quickly and adapted around her so quickly, its like you been here forever."

"I only gained those friend through another friend in Brooklyn. If my friend never called Quay and Malik I wouldn't be here right now and I would be around here lookin' like a lost puppy." I said and she laughed.

"But I just wanted to let you know how I felt, and I wanted to know if we could start over?" She asked.

"We can't start over, all we can do is move forward, there's no reset button in life hun." I said and she smiled. I opened my arms for a hug and she fell into my embrace. "Alright well, I'm 'bout to leave so I'll talk to you later." I said.

"Okay. Give me your number before you leave." She said taking out her phone. I took the phone out of her hand and typed my number in and handed it back to her.

"Where's Daija?" I asked her and she pointed behind me. I turned around and saw her walking over to me with the boy Jacob following behind her. "Hey sugarplum is this the dude?" I asked with a smile and she nodded slightly while laughing.

"Jacob this is my cousin Cree the one I was tellin' you about and Cree this is Jacob."

"Hi." He said waving slightly.

"Hi? All I get is a hi, you shy or somethin'?"

"Nah." He said with a smile.

"Mhmm, anyway I heard a lot about you hun." I said. I looked over at Daija who was blushing like crazy. "Well sugarplum I gotta go." I said giving her a hug. "And it was nice meeting you Jacob."

"Likewise." He said.

I waved one last time before making my way out of the party room. I headed out the building and towards Malik's car, I knocked on the window since the door was locked. Malik looked my way and I saw that he was on the phone. He held his finger up telling me to wait a minute and turned his head. I knocked on the window again and he held up his finger again.