Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6.

I was downstairs in my room talking to Aria and Terrel on FaceTime, until my aunt called me. I hung up from them to go see what my aunt wanted. I walked to the bottom of the stairs as she looked down at me from the top of the stairs. "Yes Aunt Annette?"

"I'll be right back I'm going to the store really quick I need some things." She said.

"Okay well I'm going to be in the shower."

"Okay and when you're done the dinner is ready and on the stove." She said turning and grabbing her jacket off the coat rack.

"Okay later." I said turning and walking into the bathroom. I closed the door and listened as my aunt opened the door and greeted someone. I listened closely and there were two deep voices instead of one. One of the voices sounded like Jamar. I assumed it was him coming to apologize and he had a friend with him.

"Well you guys can get comfortable I'll be back in a minute." I heard her say and then the door shut behind her.

I didn't think anything of it so I just got in the shower. I played the song Other Side of the Game by Erykah Badu. I closed my eyes as the warm water beat against my skin. I put my body wash on the rag and washed my body. I rinsed off my skin and made my way out the shower, finishing off by wrapping one of the big brown fluffy towels around my body. I hurried into the guest room and began to moisturize my body with cocoa butter.

I went to the drawers that I put my clothes in and grabbed my Joe Boxer men black boxers with smiley faces on them along with a tight gray pullover hoodie. My hair was wet and curly so  just left it out. I pulled on a pair of white ankle sock and made my way up the stairs, I reached the top of the stairs and turned into the living only to turn back out and into my aunts room. I closed the door quietly behind me and took out my phone and called my aunt immediately. 

"Hello?" She answered after the third ring.

"Auntie, who are those two boys in the living room?" I whispered.

"Two of my students why did they do something to you?" She asked concerned.

"No I just wanted to know who they were because they just chilling like they live here." I said quietly walking around her room.

"Oh well they are just my students that I said were coming by for extra help, remember?"

"Oh. Well when you said couple of students I thought that it would be more than two." I said.

"Well I actually meant couple as in two people. Just go out there and introduce yourself and talk to them or something."

"Fine." I said opening the door and walking out of her room.

"Ok I'll see you in a few."

"Okay Aunt Annette." I said stopping in the living room in front of those two boys. I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket in the front.

I looked at the boys and they looked at me. I walked right past them and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water then went back into the living room and stopped next to the couch that was across from the one the boys were sitting on. I opened the bottle of water and just looked at them as they looked at me. I sat down on the couch as my eyes shot back and forth between the boys. I opened my mouth to speak but the brown skinned boy cut me off and spoke first.

"You gon say something or just stare at us all night." I looked at him and cocked my head back.

"I was 'bout to introduce myself until you cut me off rudeness." I said and rolled my eyes at him. "Anyway my name is Cree."

"Wassup Ma-"

"No, not 'ma', its Cree, you know my name now so use it." I said to the light skin one.

"My bad, so where you from, because you have an accent."

"New York, I just moved here with my aunt."

"Oh word, we have a cousin that live in New York." He said slowing down his words. "What you say your name was?" He asked curiously

I looked at him again suspiciously. "Cree, why?"

"Oh so you're Cree." The brown skinned boy

"Yea, wait you two are Quay and Malik?" I asked.

"Yea." They said together.

"I thought y'all would be a little bigger than this, but I'm not complainin'. As long as y'all look out for me, I'ma look out for y'all, even if someone has a nasty ass attitude." I said directing the last part to the brown skin boy.

I'm not even gonna lie these boys are sexy. The brown skin one is the one that got my eye, and the light skin one he sexy but he light skin, and them light skin niggas cause too much trouble.

"So which one is which, who Malik and who is Quay?"

"I'm Quay." The light skin one said.

"Okay Quay." I said then looked at the brown skinned boy. "And you must be Malik." I said.

"Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner." He said sarcastically.

I got off the couch and looked at him and rolled my eyes. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a plate to get something to eat. As I took out a plate and a cup, I heard footsteps coming into the kitchen. I looked back and it was Quay, he was just watching my every move. "Is there something that I can help you with, because you just standing here is really creeping me out."

"My bad, I just want to get to know you better, like why are you here?" He said standing next to me by the stove.

"I shot a nigga cause he was to close and now I'm in hiding." I said with a straight face and put the cabbage and chicken on my plate.

He just looked at me with a blank expression. Then he started smiling and let out a light laugh. "Stop lyin', for real why you here?"

"Fine since you have to know, I got in some trouble, like a lot of trouble. Like enough trouble that people are looking for me because I'm not on someone's good side right now." I said taking juice out of the fridge.

"What kind of trouble?" He asked.

I grabbed some roti off of the plate on the counter and put it on my plate. I picked up the juice and sat at the dining room table. I sighed loudly. "I fought a lot in school and on the streets, put on house arrest a couple of times, went to juvie, um and the biggest one of all, I went to a party and lets just say I got involved with a well known drug dealer and he is out to get me."

"What did you do?"

"I'd rather not say, and I'm not a hoe if that's what you are thinking."

I heard the front door open and close. "I'm back!" My aunt yelled in the house.

"I'll talk to you some other time I guess." He said with a small smile.

"Okay." I said with a small smile.

Quay is growing on me a little bit more than Malik is. His attitude sucks balls, he is the prime example for, looks can be deceiving. But I am still attracted to him, that's the bad thing.