Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7.

The next day I got up and helped my aunt around the house a little bit. By the time we were finished it was around 12 in the afternoon, and my Uncle said he was going to be here around 2 so I just decide to get ready.

When I got out the bathroom it was twelve thirty. I lotioned my body and put on my under clothes and looked through the drawers for something to wear. I took out a pair of skinny jeans and a white wife beater.

"Cree can you come here please?" My aunt called.

I ran up the stairs and into her room. "Yes Aunt Annette?"

"Come sit on the bed." I sat on the bed and looked at her. She reached into her purse and handed me a two one hundred dollar bills. "Here is some money, your Uncle called and said he'll be here in a half an hour."

"But I thought he said he was coming at 2." I said confused.

"One thing you should know about your Uncle is that, he is always early even if its for something as casual as going to the mall. When he says a certain time he always means a half hour earlier, always remember that." She said.

I laughed. "Got it."

"Alright well go finish getting ready." She said.

I hopped off her bed and went back downstairs to my room I went into the closet and grabbed my gray and black Air Jordan's. I looked through one draw for a hoodie to wear since it was cold out. I chose my black pullover hoodie with white words that said I love New York but instead of love it had a gray heart.

I went upstairs to watch a little TV in the living room. My aunt came in about twenty minutes later. "Charles is here." I got up and made sure my money was in my pocket. "Listen now if you go to the mall don't mind those boys trying to make a pass at you because they are a bunch of nobody's going no where and I definitely need to tell you this since you look eighteen."

"Okay Auntie." I said after laughing.

"You laughing but I'm so serious." She said as we walked down the stairs to the front door.

"Later Auntie, I guess I'll just see you at Uncle Charles house later?"

"Yea, have fun sweetheart."

I walked off the front porch and made my way into the truck. "Hey Uncle Charles. Hey Daija, Dionne, and Zamia."

"Hi Cree." They all said unenthused. Zamia and Dionne, are my older cousins, Zamia is in the same grade as me eleventh but was born earlier than I was and Dionne is in the twelfth grade which I find weird because they look exactly the same. Daija is my younger cousin she's twelve.

*****************

We made it to the mall, Uncle Charles said that he was going to back for us around six o'clock. We walked in the entrance of the mall and it was huge.

"Ok look, our friends are here and we are gonna stay with them meet us back here at five forty and no later and Daija is gonna stay with you got it?" I looked at Dionne like she had two heads. "Is there something wrong." She said.

"Um yea, first off, you may be older than me Dionne but you're not going to talk to me like I'm your child, that's what you not going to do. You must have lost your mind talkin' to me like I'm three years old excuse you." I said taking Daija's hand in mine and walking off.

The first store I went into was H&M. I looked around and they had really nice things. Even though my aunt gave me two hundred dollars I still want to shop smart so I could stretch this money and get things I need for school. I went straight to the clearance rack and found some really cute things plus I got Daija something too. I walked past a Foot Locker and couldn't help myself. I walked in there and looked at all the shoes that I just could not wait to have. "Cree?" I looked in the direction that my name was being called and it was Jamar and some chick on his arm.