Chapter 17.1

Chapter 17

 Friday

"Terrel!" I yelled when he answered the phone.

"Wassup sis, its been a minute." He said.

"I know, how my babies doin'?" I asked.

"They good, we found out the sex of the baby the other day." He said.

"Really, what is she having?" I asked anxiously.

"She havin' a boy." He said, and I could tell he was smiling.

"Ah, I'm getting a lil' nephew, aww he's gon' be the cutest little thing." I cooed into the phone.

"I'm anxious as hell. I think I'm more excited than Aria though." He said.

"Why you think that?" I asked.

"Cause she wanted a girl." He said. "Either way I would still be happy."

"Aww, how is she though, I need to call her and catch up."

"She good, she always talkin' bout mornin' sickness but she good. I'm thinkin' about gettin' a spot for us though."

"Oh okay, that's good but make sure y'all ready for that, don't just jump into it."

"Yea I hear you."

The line filled with silence until I broke it. "Rel?"

"Yea?"

"You know Ace is out here right?"

"Out where?"

"Georgia." I said lowly.

"Fuck, are you serious?" He asked angrily.

"Yea, but Quay and Malik workin' with they people and stuff tryna figure out some shit."

"Damn man. Now I really gotta keep my eyes open for your mom." He said.

"Nah, not really 'cause they out here."

"So, just because they out there don't mean that they don't have niggas over here lurkin'." He said.

"Yea, I guess you right." I said.

"Yea, but I gotta go, I'll talk you later."

"Aight, love you be safe."

"Always sis, love you too." He said then hung up the phone.

I put my phone in my pocket before leaning against Malik's car. A few minutes passed by and Malik came to his car looking at me weirdly. "Why you leanin' up on my car, when did you even get over here?" He babbled on.

"Wassup with all the questions?" I asked with a smile. "I was making a call to your cousin, and I wanted to know if you could take me home, please." I asked fluttering my eyes.

He smiled down at me. "Aight, get in." He said. I leaned off the car and went to the passenger side and got in. He started the car and pulled out of the school parking lot. "So what you doin' tonight?" He asked me.

"Nothin', just going over to Terrance's new place and spendin' the weekend with him." I said taking out my phone. "What about you?"

"Nothin' chillin' I guess." He said.

"I would tell you to stop by but I don't know what Terrance is going to say."

"Its cool, spend some time with your brother, you haven't seen him in like four or five years."

"Four years." I said looking at my phone.

"Yea so just hang with him." He said and I looked at him. "What?" He asked.