Chapter 8.2

CHAPTER 8.2

We walked in the class and I followed behind Quay. He led me to a table with four chairs and two were occupied by girls. "Wassup girls?" Quay said.

"Hey Quay." They said in unison.

"Who this?" The brown skin one asked. She was really pretty, brown skin, long hair, and from the way she dressed you knew she was chill.

"A friend of mine, Cree I'm leaving her with you two because I know y'all will get along. Take care of her."

"Boy bye, you say that like we gonna chew her up or somethin', don't worry she in good hands." The light skin girl said rolling her eyes at him. "Where are your manners Quay you introducing us and didn't even tell her our names. Some peoples kids man I swear, hi Cree my name is O'nika but you can call me Nika for short."

"And my name is Tati." She simply said with a smile.

"Okay well now since you all are acquainted, I'ma head over to my seat." Then he turned and walked away. Then he stopped in his tracks and turned back. "Nika?"

"Yea Quay?"

"I gotta talk to you after class about something."

"Okay." She said.

I sat down in between them and they just stared at me. "So where you from, how you like the school?" Nika asked.

"Brooklyn, and its nice, but everyone looks at me crazy when I say I have never seen so much grass in one place before."

They laughed and Nika talked again. "That is weird, but I was born in Brooklyn I don't remember anything at all because my mom moved us out here when I was like a month old." She said.

I like Nika, she was cool, definitely full of personality and funny as hell. Tati on the other hand is more laid back and chill, and that's cool too, cause I'm kind of the same way, but she is a little quiet and observant, but those quiet ones can be very sneaky, but I highly doubt we gonna have problems.

"I notice how long your hair is, even in those French braids, what's your ethnicity?" Tati asked.

"Trinidadian with a teeny tiny bit of Asian. But I mostly go by Trini, I don't claim the Asian side."

"Really, me too, well just the Trini part. Why don't you claim the Asian part?" Nika asked.

"Because that's my dad side, and I don't know shit about him cause he a deadbeat, and I haven't seen or heard from him since I was a baby, so I'm just like fuck you and everything you have to say 'cause you should have taken care of your responsibilities." I said.

"True, we know how that feels." Tati said.

"Y'all related?" I asked.

"Nah we just been real close since the fourth grade."

"Aww that's cute. That's the same thing we me and my best friend, only we been cool since the seventh grade." They nodded there heads in understanding.

About ten minutes later into the class, Drew and Lauren came strolling in the class like they weren't just late.

"Nice of you two to finally join us." The teacher said.

"She was probably suckin' him up and bussin' it open for him in the janitors closet, like she do every nigga in the school." Tati said causing the class to laugh out.

"You just mad 'cause you a virgin and don't nobody want yo ass." Lauren shot back making the class erupt with oo's.

Tati chuckled and sat back unfazed by her. "I'd rather be labeled a virgin than a ho that's disease ridden." she said making Lauren go quiet.