Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Cree POV

I went to sleep last night with a lot of things weighing heavy on my mind. I woke up the next morning and laid there thinking about the events that had taken place from the last night. There was a soft knock on my door taking me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I said laying on my back.

"Hey good morning Cree." My mom said cracking the door slightly.

"Mornin'." I said glancing her way.

She opened the door and came in. "I was coming to tell you that your aunt made breakfast."

"Okay I'll be up in a minute." I said looking up at the ceiling.

"Alright." My mom said, I felt her stare but I didn't look her way. She walked out of the room and closed the door.

I turned to my nightstand and picked up my phone, I saw that I had a message. I unlocked my phone and clicked on the message. I saw that it was a number that wasn't saved to my phone. Usually I don't answer to these messages but I answered this one.

'Is this Cree?' The message read.

'Who wants to know?' I replied.

I took my phone off the charger and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face and went upstairs to the kitchen. I saw Jamar and his female at the table. I rolled my eyes and sat down at end.

"Mornin' everybody." I said.

"Mornin'." Everyone said in unison except for Chanel.

'I don't like you anyway bitch.' I thought to myself

My phone buzzed on the table and I unlocked it. 'Malik wants to know lol.' The message read.

I smiled a little. 'Oh hey, how you get my number lol?' I sent back.

"What you smiling like that for, who you textin'?" Jamar asked.

"Non' ya business." I said looking at him then laughing.

"I'm makin' it my business."

"Whatever Jamar."

Just then my phone buzzed on the table again. 'Your cousin gave it to me.'

'Which one, 'cause I know Zamia didn't give it to you.' I replied.

My aunt put my plate down in front of me and I said my grace. I waited for everyone to get their plate before I dug into mine.

'Nah, your little cousin, Daija.' He sent back.

'Oh my little sugarplum.'

"Where's Terrance?" I asked.

"He went outside to make a phone call."

"Oh I want to talk to him about something." I said voicing my thoughts.

'You call you cousin sugarplum?' Malik sent back.

'Yes because she is my favorite cousin out all of them.'

I dug back into my food after sending the message. I finished my food before everyone else since I was the first one to get my plate. I took my plate to the sink and washed it along with my fork and put them in the drainer.

"I'm gonna go outside and talk to Terrance a little." I said.

"Oh Cree wait before you go outside, I have a message from a friend for you." She said.