The Unquiet Dead: Chapter 11

The Doctor takes Savannah and Rose to the past.

Hope you like it!

~

Savannah's POV

Rose finally came into the console room, unsteadily, whilst the Doctor was piloting the TARDIS, with me helping him. River had told me how to fly the TARDIS and I had written it down in case I forgot, but I only remembered a little bit right now, as I hadn't read it in a while, so I would have to brush up on it soon. Rose quickly clutched onto the console with all of her might, trying not to fall.

The Doctor bounced over to Rose, while I flipped some switches and pressed buttons. He wanted to teach Rose how to fly the TARDIS, so he grabbed onto her hands and told her to, "Hold that down!", pushing her hands onto a large button.

The Doctor pulled a leaver up, which resulted in all of us nearly crashing to the floor. "Oops!", he said, looking sheepishly at me.

I sighed and quickly started winding, pressing more buttons and flicked a switch.

"Hold that one down!", the Doctor told Rose, pointing at a button in between them.

"I'm holding this one down!", she complained.

"Just hold them both down!", he ordered.

"How am I supposed to reach that?!", she yelled out, before lifting a leg up and slamming her foot down onto the button, making me wince slightly.

"Sorry girl," I murmured to the TARDIS, as she groaned slightly. "This better work!", myself and Rose yelled to him.

"Oi!", he yelled, looking offended by our doubt. "I promised you a time machine, and that's what you're getting," he told Rose. "Now, you've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. 1860! How does 1860 sound?"

"What happened in 1860?", Rose asked, looking confused.

The Doctor and I grinned at her, and the Doctor replied, "I don't know, let's find out. Hold on, here we go!"

He moved and pulled a leaver, causing the TARDIS to shake more violently, the controls steaming. Unable to hold on, Rose let out a squeal and landed on the floor, soon followed by the Doctor. I, however, was still standing, tightly holding on to the console.

Eventually, the TARDIS shuddered to a stop. The Doctor and Rose started laughing, until they looked over and saw that I was still standing, looking down at them, now with a smirk on my face.

"Having fun down there?", I asked, teasingly.

They looked at me, shocked and confused.

"How is she still standing up?", Rose asked the Doctor.

The Doctor shook his head in confusion. "I don't know."

I smirked harder at them. "Maybe it's because the TARDIS really, really likes me and made sure I didn't fall," I told them. I had felt a warm wind pushing me closer to the console when we landed, helping me to stay up, so it was possible that the TARDIS had helped me. I gently stroked the console, smiling at it.

Rose and the Doctor finally stood back up, the Doctor walking to the scanner. Me and Rose both followed him.

"I did it! Give the man a medal!", he announced, proud of himself. "Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860."

"Christmas Eve," Rose said, smiling. She then studied him, intently, "But it's like...think about it, though. Christmas, 1860. It happens once! Just once, and it's finished. It's gone. It'll never happen again. Except for you." The Doctor raises an eyebrow at Rose and I looked at him. "You can go back and see days that are dead and gone and a hundred thousand sunsets ago...no wonder you never stay still."