The Christmas Invasion: Chapter 35

Carrying on from the last chapter.

The Doctor and Savannah have returned to Earth, but there will soon be trouble!

Hope you like it!

~

Savannah's POV

We were now in the Tyler flat. The Doctor had been changed out of the old regenerations clothes and into striped pyjamas and had just been tucked up into my bed. I was sat on the side of the bed while Rose and Mickey were standing by the door. I had 1 of the Doctor's hands in both of mine, occasionally stroking it to reassure myself and him - hopefully he would feel it and know it's me.

"Here we go," mum said as she came rushing into the room with a stethoscope in her hands, which she soon gave to me. "Tina the cleaner's got this lodger, a medical student, and she was fast asleep, so I just took it," mum explained. "Though I still say we should take him to hospital."

"We can't," Rose and I said together before Rose carried on speaking and I focused on making sure the Doctor was okay by using the stethoscope. "They'd lock him up. They'd dissect him. 1 bottle of his blood could change the future of the human race." I heard Rose shush mum before she could say anything.

"Both are working," I said in relief when I heard the Doctor's hearts both beating steadily. I took the stethoscope out of my ears.

"What do you mean, 'both'?," mum asked me, sounding confused.

"He's got 2 hearts," I replied.

"Oh, don't be stupid," mum said, not believing me. I just gave her look to say that I wasn't kidding before I got up off the bed, walked past Rose and Mickey and out of the room. I didn't make it far out though.

"He has," I heard Rose say to mum.

"Anything else he's got 2 of?," mum wondered aloud.

"Well, let's see. He's got 2 arms, 2 legs and 2 hands," I said to mum, smirking.

Mum and Rose just rolled their eyes, while I noticed Mickey trying to hide his smile and laugh.

"Leave him alone, mum. Come on," Rose encouraged her before dragging her and Mickey quietly out of the bedroom so that the Doctor could rest in peace.

"How did this happen, Sav?," Rose asked me when we reached the living room, changing the subject.

I sat down on the sofa, Mickey and Rose soon joining me and mum went into the kitchen to make us all some drinks, but I knew she would be listening in. I told them as much as I could remember. By the time I had finished, they all looked shocked, especially Rose.

"So, he can't change back to the Doctor we knew?," Rose asked me.

"No, he can't Rose," I told her. "But he's still the Doctor, no matter what he looks like."

"Wait, you once told me that you would meet future versions of the Doctor when you go off to travel by yourself," Rose said. "Is this what you meant by that? Have you met this version of the Doctor before?"

"I won't tell you what happened 'cuz it's in the future," I started, "But yes. I have met this version of the Doctor. And that's how I know he's still the Doctor. 'Cuz it doesn't matter what he looks like, he's still the Doctor. Trust me on this, Rose." Rose just nodded and bit her bottom lip, still looking like she doesn't fully believe me.

"Right, come on!," Mickey said, standing up, after a few minutes of silence.

"Where are we going?," Rose asked him, looking confused.