The Unquiet Dead: Chapter 12

There's trouble in Cardiff and The Doctor, Savannah and Rose meet Charles Dickens.

Hope you like it!

~

Savannah's POV

We quickly jogged across the the street and into the opera house, after fighting past the swarm of people trying to escape.

We watched in awe as a blue gas-like form flew around the room. I saw the disappearing creature trail back to an old woman, who slumped back down in her chair, looking as if she were sleeping.

"Fantastic!", the Doctor and I exclaimed happily, as we walked closer to the curly haired, bearded man who was standing on the stage.

"Did you see where it came from?", the Doctor asked.

"Ah! The wag reveals himself, does he? I trust you're satisfied, sir!", the man hissed at the Doctor, causing him to look taken aback.

I giggled at his expression, but then we quickly turned around when Rose shouted, "Oi, leave her alone!"  We watched as an older man with little hair and a young woman, who looked a little older than me, dressed in a serving uniform, took off with the old lady that the creature had come from. "Doctor, Vannah, I'll get 'em!", Rose yelled, running after them.

"You be careful!", I shouted to her.

The Doctor jumped up onto the stage, before offering me a hand up. He then asked the man, "Did it say anything? Could it speak? I'm the Doctor, by the way, and this is Savannah." He put his arm around my waist. I smiled warmly at the man, who looked slightly stunned for some reason, and then softly smiled back at me.

He then frowned at the Doctor, confused, before asking him, "Doctor? You look more like a navy!"

The Doctor looked down at his jumper, frowning. I snickered and said, "I told you about the jumper!"

~

Rose's POV

I quickly followed the pair to a hearse and frowned when I saw them load the old woman into it. I waited until the man had gone and quickly walked up to the serving woman, frightening her in the process.

"What do you think you're doing?", I demanded.

"Oh, it's a tragedy, miss," the serving woman explained softly. She moved in front of the body to try to block my view of it. "Don't worry yourself, me and the master will deal with it. The fact is, this poor lady's been taken down with the brain fever and we have to get her to the infirmary."

'I don't believe her for a second,' I thought, pushing her aside and feeling the elderly lady's forehead.

"She's cold!"  I then checked for a pulse. "She's dead!", I realised, shocked. "Oh, my god, what'd you do to her?", I asked, appalled.

However, before I could get an answer out of her, I felt a cloth put quickly over my mouth, soon realising that it had been dowsed in a chemical. I quickly stamped on my attackers foot and elbowed them at the same time, so that they would hopefully let go of me. But, the man just held onto me tighter, pressing the cloth more firmly over my mouth. I tried, in vain, not to succumb to the drug, but it was no use.

'I hope the Doctor and Savannah can find me,' was my last thought.

The last thing I remembered, before succumbing to the darkness, was feeling a hand slowly creep up my leg!