• Chapter 1 •

I sniffled as I watched my grandma get taken away in an ambulance so she could get ready for the coffin. Tears trickled down my face, staining my cheeks. Her two pets, Namjoon and Yoongi waited anxiously at the door. Namjoon was pacing back and forth and Yoongi seemed to be in deep thought. I muttered something under my breath when a man in a fancy suit approached me. The man's hair was slicked back and his face had no real expression. It was like he had done this many times before.

Oh wait. He had.

"Are you Park Jimin?" I nodded slowly, not really sure what to expect. The man spoke with a posh English accent, clearly not from Busan.

"Your grandmother has left you with the pets and all their belongings." He proceeded to shove a letter into my small hand and turned on his heel, not even looking at me when he spoke.

"You have three days to decide what to do with the animals." The man eyed Yoongi who was lazily laying on the piano next to him. Yoongi narrowed his eyes and swished his tail in annoyance.

When everyone had left, I sighed sadly.

The walls were painted a pastel yellow colour with a white trim. The ceiling had different patterns embedded in it. I remembered attempting to count the different types when I was younger. My parents were always away on business trips and no one liked my uncle. He was an alcoholic, he would always drink White Spirit. My parents let him babysit me once but he gave me Whiskey and to me it tasted like bleach.

Actually bleach probably would taste better.

I was only 5 years old, he was drunk and my parents just came home in time because he was about to hit me with a bottle. Before you ask, no it wasn't a glass bottle. He was going to throw a plastic cup at me.

It had Mickey Mouse on it. My dad freaked out on his brother and ordered him to never go near me again. Now that I think about it, it's just a plastic cup.

I felt a cold, wet nose nuzzle the letter in my hand. I turned around to see Namjoon and his tail next to him, thumping the ground excitedly. We got him when he was a small puppy, about 18 weeks old. We got about 6 months after we got Yoongi. He was so damn cute as a kitten, with his huge amber eyes and ebony fur. Now he's lazy and really doesn't care about anyone except my grandma.

I felt pressured by nothing to bring the animals home with me. I mean I just moved into my own apartment and finished college. I have work at a Primark so I guess I have stable income. Also my grandma would always stock up on cat and dog food because she hated going outside in the cold weather. Even when it was hot, she would moan it was cold. I scratched behind Namjoon's ears and decided.

I'm going to bring them home with me.

I stuffed the letter in my backpack and started gathering the food and the toys. I started to to load up my car with pet necessities. I heaved a sigh of relief when I found out Yoongi's platform was foldable. It was his favourite place to stay after the piano. It had a scratching post to the side of it and you could hang it anywhere reachable. I would always sit there with my grandma and Yoongi either side of me and play old games that no one plays anymore.

I checked my mental checklist and when I ticked off everything I was ready to get the pets. I grabbed Namjoon's lead and Yoongi's harness. Namjoon galloped up to me and started jumping up. I scolded him and hooked the lead around his collar. I proceeded to click the harness buckle around Yoongi's body. He just lay there motionless and stared at me as if to say, "are you serious". After much refusing from Yoongi and constant pulling from Namjoon, I got them both in the car and drove off to my apartment.

****************

I unloaded the car (Yoongi had decided to stay in the car voluntarily and Namjoon was impatiently wagging his tail in the passenger seat) and dragged everything into my average sized apartment and went to collect the animals. As soon as we got in Yoongi meandered over to the bed and flopped down like he did all the work. I scoffed at the cat and Namjoon started digging for his favourite toy, a squeaky panda teddy. I first packed away the food before Namjoon got to it and then began to hang Yoongi's platform, which got his attention.

After about two hours of perilously setting the animal stuff I collapsed on my sofa, Namjoon jumped up and reed his head on lap. I began stroking his ears and closed my eyes.

I couldn't believe Grandma was gone.

Before I managed to let out my emotions, I heard a loud shout from the far left wall. I swear that neighbour will never let me rest. I had no idea what his name was, but he apparently has quite a few pets. From what I've heard, he has a rabbit, a hamster and a corgi. Yoongi mewed in response to the loud noise and plodded over to his platform, which was next to the sofa. I stroked his furry back, he purred and leant into my hand, making me smile a little. He hadn't done that since I was little. Namjoon got up and grabbed my rucksack.

"What are you trying to say Joonie?" I asked, looking at the black and red rucksack he placed before me. His deep brown eyes looked up at me. I frowned, puzzled, when Yoongi jumped down and bit the zipper. I unzipped the bag and Namjoon retrieved the letter that the man had rudely shoved in my hand. Still confused I held the letter in my hand.

To Jimin

Namjoon ripped open the letter and I began to read the letter.

Dear Jiminie,

If you're reading this, then I've passed away. I'm sorry I'm not going to be there when you meet your future lover. I'm sorry I'm not going to meet your future children, and my future grandchildren. I'm sorry that I have left you alone, I know your parents are never home and your uncle is no use because of his addictions. I know you've just moved into your own apartment and I know you've just graduated from college.

Which is why I trust you, and only you, to look after my pets. You remember, my dog Namjoon and my cat Yoongi? Remember when I helped you find your apartment? I knew one of your neighbours, Taehyung. I visited him and he has a few pets as well! So you won't be alone with the animals. I also told him to look after you. He's a good soul, be nice to him.

Now back to Yoongi and Namjoon. They are very special pets. You see, every other full moon, my pets turn into...

I glared at the guilty looking Namjoon, who had the torn piece of the letter in his jaws. Yoongi batted the dog's head with his paw, making the Labrador drop the flimsy piece of paper. I groaned in disgust and annoyance as the saliva dripped from my fingers. The ink was smudged and all I could make out was...

Hummus. Don't put them up for adoption.

- From Grandma

I did a double take, Hummus? Like the food? Damnit Namjoon, why did you smudge it?! I glanced at my calendar, the next full moon is in five days. I put the letter back in the envelope and put the smudged piece on the side in the kitchen, I'll wait for it to dry and hopefully I'll be able to cipher it. There's no way it's hummus. I gazed at the clock.

2:30 pm

I better get ready for work. I patted Namjoon on the head and scratched Yoongi behind his ear and walked to my bedroom to get into my uniform for the day.

{Hey guys! Whoop another fan fiction because I have no life. This is going to be a Yoonmin story, but Namjoon is so precious with Yoongi so I had to make them live together XD See you in the next chapter!}