• Chapter 5 •

Hoseok flopped on top of me, covering his ears as Jungkook whined. The older grabbed the pillow I was trying to sleep on and threw it at the boy by the door, who growled in response and threw it back. I've had to lock the door to stop him from escaping and running to Taehyung.

"If Jungkook keeps whining I'm going to strangle him." Hoseok hissed, reminding me of Yoongi. Jungkook ignored him and kept turning the lock to the door. He still didn't understand the concept of a key, which I had to hide. I sat up, throwing Hoseok off my back. He landed with a thud on the floor.

"Oh you're awake?" He asked, his brown eyes wide in confusion. I scoffed.

"You thought I wasn't?"

"Usually Tae is too much of a deep sleeper to acknowledge anything."  I nodded, I was too tired to say anything. His eyes suddenly lit up. "Why don't we get to know each other better?"

I sighed but patted the space next to me and he happily hopped on my bed.

"What do you wanna know?" I yawned, running my fingers through my blonde hair. He tapped his chin thoughtfully.

"Did you really think pets turned into hummus?" He grinned. Embarrassment washed over me and I silently twiddled my thumbs. That wasn't my proudest moment. I took my question as an opportunity to understand hybrids a bit more.

"When you're animals, can you talk to each other?"

"Yeah! We can also sense what you're feeling. Although Jin hyung and Namjoon are the best. Yoongi hyung doesn't really care." He smiled, his eyes seeming to sparkle when he mentioned Yoongi.

"You have a thing for Yoongi hyung then?" I smirked. His face went red, I turned my lamp on to take in the blush on his face. It was hilarious.

"S-Shut up..."

"Would you two have hamster-kitty babies?" I teased, his face scrunched up.

"What?! That's not even possible!" Hoseok hid his face in the pillow Jungkook threw at him earlier.

"I'm just teasing you." I laughed, taking the pillow off of him so I can see him better. His smile faded.

"He likes you anyway." Silence.

Congratulations Jimin, you made it awkward.

"When we were animals, he wouldn't shut up about you. It was always 'Jimin this, Jimin that'." He continued, as if I wasn't guilty enough. "He would always talk about how much you acted like your grandma and how much he loves having his ears scratched. I don't understand why us hyrbids even fall in love with humans. Am I not good enough? Am I ever going to get a mate? Let's be honest, there aren't many hybrids anymore."

"I'm... uh..." I stuttered when Hoseok sniffed, a tear running down his cheek. I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm sure there going someone who loves you Hoseok hyung. Don't stress about that cranky cat, you can do better." He gave a halfhearted laugh at my attempt to cheer him up.

"Aish I suck at this." We both chuckled at my inability to comfort people. We looked over at Jungkook who had stopped trying to escape and was now listening to us.

"You guys are weird." He mumbled. I had never heard his voice before. It was soft, reminded me of syrup and pancakes. My stomach growled at the thought of food. Jungkook threw a banana at me. I stared at him in shock.

"Where the hell did you just get that banana?!" I screeched, probably louder than I should have. But you would react the same way if someone randomly got a banana and threw it at your face. He simply shrugged and whipped out a carrot. It wasn't skinned, it still had the leaves attached to it and it didn't look appetising. Hoseok made a weird baby noise and Jungkook looked at him like he was crazy.

"Stop making noises and get your own food." I had to contain my laughter as Hoseok stomped out the room.

"I didn't know you were so fluent?"

"I pretend so Tae-tae hyung will spend time with me." He said, a smug yet innocent grin on his face.

"Evil... yet so smart." I applauded the younger and he bowed. Hoseok walked back in with an oat bar, nibbling it quietly. To think that these two were a hamster and a rabbit yet they acted so maturely, it astonished me.

Oh wait, I forgot about my animals.

"What do you think Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung are doing?" I said, it was more to myself but the two took it as a question.

"Probably whispering sweet nothings." Hoseok giggled, before fake vomiting.

"Poor Taehyung." I frowned, remembering he has two hyrbids completely smitten with each other and Yoongi.

"I'm sure he'll live." Jungkook shrugged before jumping onto my bed and snuggling up next to me.

"Can we go to sleep?" He asked, yawning. Me and Hoseok nodded and I leaned back not my pillow and Hoseok and Jungkook latched onto me like I was their hope. One on each side. I smiled and before long I got too lazy about thinking about how to deal with the hybrids and fell fast asleep.