• Chapter 2 •

"Namjoon!" I gasped as the huge dog sat on my face, his heavy tail curling around my arm as I tried to push him off. Namjoon jumped off me with a yelp after I rolled over too far and fell off my bed. I groaned as I stared at my duvet. It was covered in cat and dog fur.

Speaking of cats, where's Yoongi?

Jumping out of my skin, I found him on my grandma's piano that I had taken. I didn't know how to play it, but I knew Yoongi liked it so I took it with me. I rubbed my eyes and checked my phone. It was a Sunday, meaning no work. I felt four paws land on my shoulder and Yoongi wrapped himself around my neck.

It had been three days since my beloved grandma passed away and the funeral was in a couple weeks. Yoongi had really warmed up to me then, which was surprising because I was never his favourite person in the world.

He nuzzled further into my neck as I began reading the letter again. Drying the torn piece didn't help at all and actually caused a small fire. I think it would've gotten bigger if Namjoon didn't try to touch it with his paw. He was fine thankfully.

Hummus...

I still couldn't figure it out but as I scanned through the letter I noticed Taehyung. I had a free day today and I'm pretty sure he's the loud and noisy neighbour. I gently grabbed Yoongi and placed him on the piano and snatched my shoes off of Namjoon. He was a lot more hard work than I expected but he's cuddly and warm. He also comforted me when I felt sad about Grandma.

Calmly, I meandered over to my neighbour's door. I knocked on it. A man opened it. He had greyish brown hair that flopped over his face, like he couldn't be bothered to take care of it. To be honest, my hair looked the same at that moment. He was a lot taller than me and he gave me a rectangular smile. He was very handsome if I said so myself. I mentally cursed myself for saying that. I've literally just met him!

"Are you Jimin?" He smiled, I nodded all the while returning the smile, this must be Taehyung. I saw rustling in his hair and a tan coloured hamster peeked its head out. Its ears were black and it had a stripe running down its back. Taehyung chuckled and carefully picked it up and held it.

"This is Hoseok," I stroked Hoseok, who squirmed in Taehyung's grip. Taehyung stepped to the side and gestured for me to come in. "Come in!"

Immediately a fluffy corgi ran up to me, smelling around my feet, probably being able to smell Yoongi and Namjoon. I bent down to pet it, the collar read 'Seokjin'. He licked my face with his long pink tongue before scampering off. Taehyung asked if I wanted coffee, in which I declined. I plopped down on the grey sofa and I noticed a small, black rabbit quivering in the corner. Taehyung noticed and sighed.

"Jungkook don't be shy." He muttered and picked up the rabbit, who nuzzled into his arm. Cute.

"So I'm guessing she's gone." I looked up and saw his, once happy, smile turn into a blank expression. His lips pressed into a thin line. He must've been close to be her. He sat down next to me.

"How did you two meet?" I asked, unsure how an 89 year old managed to meet a young man who's probably younger than me.

"We met one day at the pet shop, she was buying food and I was buying a new cage for Hoseok. She dropped some of the food and I helped her. I invited her to my house and form there we became best friends. But no one could replace Yoongi and Namjoon." A tear dropped from his eye. All three of his pets noticed and they all started climbing on him, trying to make him feel better. Hoseok was hanging on his hair, Jungkook rubbing his face against his neck and Seokjin started licking his face.

"Yah! Jin! Kookie! Hoseok!" Taehyung spluttered. I giggled as Hoseok fell from a single strand of hair. I smiled as he ambled onto my leg, his eyes staring at me. I scooped him up in my hands and he climbed up my arm and rested on my shoulder. Another question raced through my mind.

"Am I your hyung or is it the other way around?" I inquired, Taehyung thought for a second.

"Your grandma mentioned you being older than me so I guess you're my hyung." I smiled. I heard barking from the far right.

Namjoon and Yoongi!

"How are your pets with other animals?" I asked quickly. Taehyung gave me a thumbs up. I nodded and scrambled out the door and down the hallway. I opened the door and was hit in the face by furry paws. Yoongi leapt at the door just as I opened it. I peered through Yoongi's legs and saw Namjoon with my lamp wire wrapped around his legs. After untying him I grabbed the lead and harness and clipped them onto the respectable animal. I knocked on the door again and Taehyung laughed as I had Yoongi sitting on my head and Namjoon's lead wrapped around my legs as the dog kept circling me, smelling new pets.

Namjoon and Jin (as I had been told was the name he responded best with) were practically best friends already. They were lying in Jin's bed together, chewing a Tug-Of-War rope. Yoongi didn't move from his position around my neck. His head was tucked under my neck and his front paws were hanging lazily over my torso. His back paws and tail were wrapped around my neck so he wouldn't fall. He was like my sentient scarf. His ebony ears flicked occasionally, earning a chuckle from Taehyung.

There seemed to be something more to these animals. For example, Jungkook seemed to understand everything Taehyung was saying, knowing when to calm down and he even knew how to sit on command. Even Namjoon doesn't know that! Hoseok seemed to almost communicate with Yoongi, that was until Yoongi got bored of him and tried to swat him away. The fall would've been certain death for the crazy hamster. Good thing I caught him just as he fell.

That's not just to say Taehyung's animals were strange, Namjoon and Yoongi were also acting strange lately. It was four days after Grandma's death and it was nearing to the full moon that she was talking about. They were both becoming lazier. I didn't even know that was possible for Yoongi! I attempted to make hummus and feed them but they both looked at me with disgusted faces.

"I thought you liked hummus!" I whined, Yoongi swatted the food away and Namjoon walked away to his bed.

It was Tuesday tomorrow, I didn't have to work because I only work Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. So I decided to sleep earlier so I can get up early to visit Taehyung and to perhaps see what Hummus was supposed to be. Yoongi curled up next to me and Namjoon slept at the bottom of my feet. I scratched behind Yoongi's ears and eventually his purrs lulled me to sleep.