Hugs and Lollipops

"Ah I see both you newbies arrived early today." All Might stood tall with his built up form.

"Of course! I couldn't sleep all night! I don't think I ever will!" Deku stuttered.

He never outgrew his fanboy side of him whenever he saw All Might.

"If you're not early you're late." Bakugou replied.

"I see, well I got both your first work assignments. It's a big one. We don't normally send newbies to a big job like this right off the bat. But I believe you two can do it." All Might said.

He handed out folders to both Bakugou and Deku.

"If you work as a team that is." He added.

They both opened their folders and started to read.

"I knew we would be working on this incident. It was all over this morning news after all." Bakugou said 

"Right you are young man. There are three children missing. We managed to catch the villain responsible for the damages to the city, but we have reason to believe that his partner took children. We don't know what is their overall goal is. The villain in custody is refusing to talk. The police gave us information as to where the possible hideout is." All Might stated.

"So our mission is to safely rescue the children." Deku said after reading the report.

"Yes the children's safety is what matters right now, now if-" All Might stopped.

"If we see any villain do not engage in a fight we can avoid." Bakugou finished All Might sentence.

"Yes. After all their is no need to fight a pointless battle. Find the children and bring them back. Only engage if it's absolutely necessary. And remember to call for back up in case the situation is out of your hands." All Might ordered.

They both nodded and left the office.

~~~ a little while later~~~
Both Bakugou and Deku were about two blocks away from their designation. Making sure they weren't being seen or followed.

Both haven't talked to each other since they left All Mights office.

They needed to communicate.

And Bakugou would be dammed if he failed his first mission.

"Listen here-"

"I think we need to-"

Both talked at the same time.

"Ahh sorry you go first Kacchan." Deku said.

Bakugou made a mental note to remind the nerd to call him by his hero name on public next time.

"We don't know the layout of this hideout. You already took notes of my quirk in your nerd book. I can't use my quirk at 100% if we want any chance of safely getting those kids out of the damn building before it gets destroyed. If we do engage with an enemy it would be best if we pull our damn punches or try to make it an outside battle." Bakugou said.

"That's the best way to go. I was thinking the same thing Kacch -" Deku said.

"No none of this 'Kacchan' crap! Remember this is a damn mission!" Bakugou corrected him.

"R-right! Sorry.. Ground Zero." Deku replied.

'Why did Kacchan pick such an intimidating hero name?' Deku questioned.

The hideout was in their sights.

Both observed the building and the area.

Quiet. They heard nothing.