Chapter 3: What Happened To Tina?

A/n: Sorry for a late update! I've been very busy with school and work. But here you go! Hope you enjoy.

Ryan sighed as he walked out of the high school to head to gym class. He glanced over and saw someone he knew.

Tony. Tina's brother.

Tony was talking to Sal and another person Ryan didn't quite know. Ryan walks up to the three boys. Sal's eyes widen.

"Ryan? You go to this school?" He asked surprised. Ryan nodded and looks over at Tony. His hair was grown out and half of it up in a little pony tail.

Tony just stares at Ryan with a blank face. "Are you just going to stand there or what?" He could tell that Tony was cold. Sal sighs.

"Sorry... Nevermind." Ryan backs away. He walk a few inches from them when he heard.

"Hey Ryan! Wait up!" Ryan turns around. It was Sal who has called him. "I'll see you after class man." He said to Tony and Tony nodded his head. Sal ran up next to Ryan and they began to go for a little walk. "What class do you have next?"

"Gym, you?" Ryan asked.

"We have the same thing then. Good. I'll catch you up." Sal spoke. Ryan raised an eyebrow confused. "Listen, just because I slept a lot as a kid, doesn't mean I wasn't a good friend." Sal laughs as they walked to the changing room.

"What do you mean by catching me up?" Ryan asked. Sal and Ryan sat on the bench waiting for the gym teacher.

"Well, what I'm assuming is that you think that Tina just gave up the daycare and became a 'teacher's pet' with the director. And how she couldn't get over you. Blah blah." Sal rolls his eyes, but Ryan nods. Because that's what he was told on the bus.

"Five minutes to change and meet out in the track!" The gym teacher spoke as he walked into the room.

Once Sal and Ryan got changed they made it to the track and began walking laps. "As I was saying... that's not exactly the whole story. Yes, Tina kind of did give the daycare up, but not for the reason you think."

"What do you mean? It wasn't my fault then?"

"What? Your fault? Ryan you can't control if your parents want to move. And Tina knows that. But no. It wasn't because of you." Sal sighs. "Tina and Tony didn't want this to get out to the whole daycare. Which yeah.. split up everyone. Really only three of us, from the daycare, know about this."

Ryan listened closely. He wanted to figure out what happened to his best friend. "Okay... what?" Ryan asked.

Sal took a deep breath in. "Ryan... the next day after you left... Tina and Tony's dad passed away in a car accident."

Ryan looks at Sal worriedly. "What?! What do you mean he passed?!"

Sal just nods. "Tina and Tony went into a deep, deep depression mode. Though they only told three of us. Cookie, Sabre, and I. Well nevermind. There was four of us. I forgot the director."

Flashback

Tina cries on his brother's shoulder as they walked into the daycare. Cookie, Sabre, and Sal were the first ones at the daycare. Cookie quickly ran to Tina's side.

"Tina? What's wrong?" Cookie asked.

Tina couldn't let any words out. Cookie glanced up at Tony, but he looks away. Biting his lip to refrain from crying again.

"Dude, you okay man?" Sabre asked Tony. He shook his head.

"Our dad died...-" Tony began to cry again. "I-in a car accident..."

"Oh my gosh, Tina... Tony, I'm so sorry..." Cookie gasps hugging her friend, Tina closely.

Sabre and Sal gave Tony a hug. They know he probably didn't want it, but he needed a hug.

"Promise us you won't tell anyone..." Tina sniffs. "Just... continue like normal okay? Just please... we don't want to make anyone else worry."

Cookie, Sabre, and Sal nod. "We promise. It's not our decision to tell people. That's your choice."

Tina and Tony nodded to thank them.

"Now Tony... let's make it look like you weren't crying." Sabre and Sal smile.

"And Tina... well honestly we can make it look like you weren't crying. But it would kind of look like you were crying over Ryan... I mean... he did just leave yesterday..." Cookie sighs. Tina just nods and takes a seat at her normal spot.

Flashback ends

"That day, Tina and Tony were no longer the same. The director came back the next day after he heard the news. He agreed not to tell anyone and Tina gave the daycare up because she just felt like she didn't have the strength to. That being said, the director just had her help him with the work. Not because he was making her, she wanted to so she could get her mind off the topic." Sal looks at Ryan. His eyes were a bit watery.

"What happened to the group?"

"That's where you heard their side of the story. They got mad that Tina let the director take back the daycare, and of course... Cookie, Sabre, and I stayed on their side because we knew what was going on with them. When we finished daycare, Tina and Tony went through a lot. Their depression grew. Tina didn't really have you to hang on to... Tony... I somehow kept an eye on him."

"Though we did watch over them... they still weren't the same. They just became cold as time went on. No more of that happy, giggling Tina. Have you seen her yet?" Sal asked Ryan.

Ryan shook his head. "No... not yet. I have been waiting for this day Sal... the day to finally see Tina again... but what you just told me... I don't even know if I should anymore..."

"To be honest Ryan. You could be the cure to her broken heart." Sal answers.