Chapter 8: Shark's Past!

It was Sunday, and Ryan and Shark were in Ryan's bedroom. Ryan complaining to Shark about Tina.

"I just don't get it, you know? I'm trying so hard to get her to talk to me. Like... She and I are best friends." Ryan sighed and looked at Shark. "Are you even listening?"

"Mhm..." Shark hums as he continued typing on his phone.

"Jeez... Is this how girls feel when they talk to us..." Ryan scratches the back of his head. Ryan looks back at Shark, who was chuckling and smiling at his phone.

Ryan frowns, and yells, "Shark! Dude, what the heck are you smiling about?"

Shark's eyes widen and he locks his phone and puts it in his pocket. "Sorry man."

Ryan raises an eyebrow, "Who were you talking to?" Shark doesn't respond, and tries to avoid to glance at Ryan. Ryan sighs and asks again, "Come on man, who were you talking to?"

Shark just sighs. Ryan then jumps onto Shark, and tries to steal Shark's phone. Shark fights him and pushes Ryan away.

Ryan and Shark broke into laughter. "Who are you talking to?" Ryan laughs getting off Shark.

Shark sighs again before answering, "I'm.. Talking to someone."

"Oh...? Wh-who?" Ryan asked.

Shark glances at Ryan. "Do you remember Kat from the daycare?" Ryan nods. "That was who I was talking to..."

This makes Ryan feel a bit sad. Cuz he isn't able to talk to Tina. And all of his friends had someone.

Ryan was a little confused as Tony and Kat had always had a thing. "But... Wasn't Kat and To-"

"Stop! I know. They were, but as we keep reminding you. This happened, not just with Tina, with all of us." Shark sighs, "Kat and Tony were fighting a lot. And yes. They aren't the type to fight, and since Tina wasn't 'there' to stop them. Those two stopped talking."

"They just stopped talking? I doubt that." Ryan says.

"They did..."

Ryan raises an eyebrow. He seemed suspicious. "They did? Shark what actually happened?"

"He slapped her."

"What?!" Ryan's eyes grew.

"During an argument. He slapped her. Kat avoided him everyday since." Shark frowns. "Listen Ryan. No one knows about what happened between Kat and Tony. Nor do they know about me and her talking. You can't tell anyone."

Ryan just nods. "I understand."

"Thanks." Shark smiles slightly.

Ryan then sighs, "But... Can we go back to my topic now? Like dude, what am I going to do about Tina?" Ryan sighs.

"Bro, I don't know!" Shark raised his voice then sighs, and continues to speak in a lower voice. "I don't want to deal with it Ryan. I lost my best friend because of her!"

"She had a good reason!" Ryan fought back. They were both standing now.

"Sure! Sure she did!" Shark's eyes began to water. "I know... But that also means Sabre had to go through so much without us." Shark turns around. "Tina isn't the only one who had issues Ryan."

"What do you mean?" Ryan asks Shark. He walks up to Shark and puts a hand on his shoulder. Shark sighed again as goes to sit back down.

"My mom died 6 years ago... I wasn't paying attention in the street. There was a car and my mom saved me... But... She got hit. She made sure I didn't..." Shark began to cry. "I killed my own mother! And I didn't have Sabre there!"

"Sh-Shark..." Ryan was shocked and tried to comfort. "Wh-why... Why didn't you tell me? Do the others know?"

Shark sighed as he wiped his eyes. "Of course they know. But dude... Sabre was my brother. He was there for everything until Tina stole him... I'm sorry Ryan..." Shark shook his head. "I usually am always there for you... But I'm sorry Ryan. I'm just not ready to forgive Tina. Not yet. So, you can talk about her all you want... Just know that I can't have you either her. Goldy and Unicorn can help you."

Ryan could understand where Shark was coming from and nodded. "Okay Shark."