Chapter 1 - The Call

Chapter 1

Had it been, by any chance, a normal morning here in Hogwarts? If it were, then surely something must have been wrong for a place of magic such as this school. No morning will ever be normal. That is, in the Muggles' world only, but today was difference for a student young and witty, intellect compared –above, may be the right word but she was never the one to brag –her chosen companions. She had woken quite restful and ready for today compared to the passed day after their 'little' event –in which she means causing trouble because of the Philosopher's Stone incident – and with the term almost at its peak, her bond with Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, and Ronald Weasley, the one to be known as quite a air-head but compassion, yet still could be such irritating boy, can be a handful for Hermione Granger.

It was a weird way to start the soon-to-be-finished term but alas, welcomed.

Though it is a wonder for her to feel this giddy, to have such roommate as a talkative Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil and have them two already buggering about their gossips and crushes, their voice nagging in the background –truly, it's a miracle she had not yet lost her pot with the those two around –but never less, Hermione was happy to feel lighted. She had head to Great Hall with a smile, some had greeted her, teacher or not –and had given a respected nod towards Severus Snape but subtly –and she had return them with 'Hello's and 'Good morning's.

To see the hall not yet occupied by noisy students, it is quite early; she sat down in the Gryffindor's table, awaiting the arrival of her friends. It's been a fantastic experience here in Hogwarts, truly magical –it still gives Hermione flips in her stomach in thought of herself being a witch despite being one almost a year now –and despite the incident that had occurred, with the troubles and the two's heroism and stupidity, she manage to keep her 'know-it-all' persona, having her grades high as she can. Hermione was proud and hope that her Muggle parents will be too.

There was a sudden commotion as a pack of student enters the Great Hall, Hufflepuffs and some Gryffindor, among them are Harry and Ron, following behind. It was obvious what they were babbling about, the upcoming Quidditch game between the two houses themselves. Perhaps it was that unusual thing that Hermione is feeling, a game in the end of the year is... told to be new. It had been a special occasion as Professor McGonagall had said last week when the Headmaster had announced such event as a goodbye for the student this year.

And, as this announcement had told to all, the Professor herself had acted strangely, as if anxious. Hermione, without her intention of course –she wouldn't dare disrespect ones' privacy –had needed to pass the Transfiguration Classroom to continue her way to her destination –the library of course, where else? And she may have heard Headmaster Dumbledore and her own favored teacher talking. It had been weird, perhaps, if the argument were meant to be secrecy between them, they have forgotten to put a silencing spell. Hermione only heard a few things, as if the walls were trying to silence the sentences exchanged between the adults themselves, and she's certain she heard "She'll comeback soon –of course I'm –she said it herself!" from Professor McGonagall and heard the faint voice of the Headmaster responding "I know, that is why –that way, as she wished –" but the woman had cut him off, belting "But that is outrageous, Albus! Her –cannot be revealed!" and which the man answered. "Can't you see, Minerva this way I'll be able to –" but Hermione heard no more as she continue her way upon noticing that she had stop her track upon hearing the voices. Again, she respects their privacy and did not eavesdrop more.

With this little knowledge –and curiosity installed to her –Hermione had observed her Professor enough to pinpoint an anxious woman in each mention of the Quidditch game, yet something glint in those green-eyes. Hermione might be young to know, but her habit to read everything there is –and her mother's romance novel were no exception, they didn't survived the brunette's curiosity –had define those glints as longing, hope and the hint of uncertainty. Whoever 'she' might be, they were causing the woman to be distracted in each inch of time, even in class. Even the Headmaster himself seems off at some time, though his differences shown were constant excitement.