Chapter 25 - The Godfather

Chapter 25

"Wait, you were a Slytherin?!" Y/N bawled at her uncle.

They were still in the study room and upon sight of Severus Snape with them; the girl was filled with non-stop questions that wouldn't take a second to be put aside. She showered it out of course, having the encouragement from her grandparents.

So, Daxellion, wanting to explain –and stop the screaming girl –had begun to tell his niece about his days in Hogwarts. "Yes." Dax nodded to confirm.

"B-b-but, that wouldn't mean you..." Y/N was struck with realization then –recounting that Professor McGonagall did say that she knew Daxellion and had been his professor –but this confuses her more. "Wait –no, no, that's impossible!" she declared and points her index finger at the man before inserting "Your English is shite!"

That was a bit of surprise, hearing her curse out such word.

"Language, dearie," Olympia inputs but, despite her glare, she didn't really sound scolding. In all honesty, the lady of the castle was amused. Y/N was like Alfonso in some ways, when in the edge like she is now, their mouth works faster than their mind so they blurt out whatever they can.

"Believe me, mon ange," Dax started, a bit desperate now –a screaming Y/N isn't really nice to be with, especially when Y/N look like she's about to curse someone into obliviatation –so he told "and to explain my accent, eet iz because I used to wear a charmed neck-chocker z'at acts as my translator on my stay z'ere in Hogwarts."

Y/N blinks, "What...?" she didn't get it at first; why would a neck-chocker make a difference? But then she caught on to the fact that everyone in the room was witches and wizards –including her –and that magic is involved.

"See, eet iz like z'is." Daxellion started to explain. "I 'ave always spoke in French, Y/N, even all z'e way back in z'e ages, but wiz' z'e charmed neck-chocker z'at Faz'er 'ad given moi, eet changes v'atever I say into English. Eet was z'e easiest way I could communicate z'an spend years of learning English."

With her eyes squinted in confusion, Y/N mumbled "I don't understand...?" because she didn't because one, Daxellion's English is really, like really bad, and two, she doesn't get why he did what he did.

"V'at my dear son meant to say, Y/N," Olympia, as she inspect her nails to hide the grin on her face, answers "iz zat 'e iz too lazy to actually learn a different language so 'e cheated instead."

Everyone went silent but Severus, who hasn't said a single syllable since his entrance, shocked each when they heard a snort coming from him. Dax redden at this, obviously embarrassed. Y/N wailed with laughter then, which her grandparents' followed. Drums can't help his small chuckles too but he keep it quiet in hope not to interrupt the Masters' conversation with the guests.

"C'était l'idée de Père, tu sais!" It was Father's idea, you know! Dax tried to defend himself, crossing his arms and puff his cheeks, totally out-of-character of him.

And Alfonso smugly countered "But it was you who asked for such item, mijo!"

Y/N didn't really expect her Christmas this year to be like this. She felt great exuberant that it's overflowing in her chest. But she frowns when a thought came in mind. "But wait..." she muttered loud enough for her grandparents to hear. They calm their chuckles to hear what Y/N was about to say. "You schooled in Hogwarts, yeah? Why there? Dane said that France has a magical school of its own witches and wizard. Beauxbatons Academy of Magic was it?"

Dax nodded.

Y/N rubs her chin, trying her best to understand the information given to her "How come...? How come you were enrolled there then if you could have taken your education in Beauxbatons?"