Chapter 36 - Connecting Everything

Chapter 36

The dark dome-shaped nest was truly frightening.

As the minutes goes on, the more spiders creeps nearer and Y/N can imagine their eyes on her. Maybe they could really see her, despite being invincible. Y/N wanted to flee, really, but as Aranog (the name of the Acromantula) redeem the accusation of Hagrid false and that he was not the one to blame for anything being done, the more Y/N wanted to know more.

"We do not speak of it." Aranog inserted and Y/N's ears perk up, "A primeval creature that my kind apprehends above all."

Y/N blinks, mind repeating what she have read. 'Spiders flee before it.' Oh, Draco had been right! They were right about it! It's officially a Basilisk, that same serpent in her dream. It's a bloody snake that haunted the castle and it that had been petrifying the Muggle's! But... as Y/N remembers the document saying that it kills with a mere eye contact, why has its victims had only been paralyzed? No one was dead; Y/N noted that thought.

Y/N had zoned out then, as she tries to connect it all together. The monster of the Chamber of Secrets was now solved, but the whereabouts of the said chamber is still unknown. Perhaps if she listens more, the Acromantula would mention it.

"But have you ever faced it?" dug Harry (as if reading her mind) while unaware of the little ones that were beginning to surround them.

But alas, as Aranog answers "No!" and the growl was questioning the boy's mentality, did he not hear that they fear it? But deciding not to scare the delicious, oblivious wonderers, he explained "I never got a glimpse of the castle whilst I was in the box of which Hagrid kept me." And Y/N cursed mentally, it could only mean that the Acromantula isn't aware of where the chamber is. "But an incident, of which I was framed for, a girl was found dead in a bathroom."

'Bathroom...?' Y/N noted that in her mind, mind working quickly to get what that meant but the thought was put aside when she become attentive. Small feet tip-toeing closer, she was outnumbered.

Harry cleared his throat; Ron had pointed out their predator-prey situation on hand which become clear to the boy-who-lived. Larger than the bull-dog, spiders was mocking them with foamed mouths as they come out of the clearing (Y/N having the same circumstances for her to handle).

"Well... thank you. We'll just go..." Harry, voice sounding a bit squeaked, beckons.

"Go?" Aranog repeats with grinning lips, "No, no, you mustn't. See here, lads, my sons and daughter never laid hungry intention upon Hagrid by my words, but to deny them fresh meats? I'm afraid that I cannot let them ignore. Hence you've wander in to midst just so willingly, this shall be the last of your adventure. Farewell, young ones."

'Cheese and sprinkles, I knew coming in here was a bad idea!' Y/N screamed in her mind as she take a chance to run but before she could get any further than 2 steps, three younglings of Aranog had appeared from the sky and blocked her way, baring their teeth and ambitions. Fang was barking but it didn't even seem to scare away these hungry Acromantulas. 'Crap, crap, crap, bad, this is really bad.'

As Y/N back away, a sudden light lit the dark nest and the sound of engines follows, scaring away the younglings and for Y/N to take a quick cover so that she could hide if this means more danger. She falls into her face as she missteps and tried to mute her yelp by biting her tongue, making it bleed.

Something heavy lay upon her back, stopping her from getting up while the Invisibility Charm that she had on finally vanished, her magic drained. Y/N tried to maneuver but was held captive by webs that were spattered on her body, the stickiness making it unable to move.