Chapter 21 - Wolve's Den

Chapter 21

"Hah! Yeah, I win! Yahoo!"

Nick watches the young lass cheered as she leaps over the fence with a breathy puff, leaving the pack of wolves on the other side, grunting but snickering as they watches her circle around in victory. Nick, a bit surprised at how Y/N managed to get over the fence with a swift jump, giggled along with Dane as they watches from the doorstep. Y/N simply continues to jump in joy in the snow.

Along with the older girl, Nick exit the house, which was a three story building, a rather large house –or would it be fit to rather call it a manor? –but being told who lives inside, Nick find it quite fitting and acceptable. It was built in a rather weird theme though, the walls were colorful and well decorated, and no edge was vacated. It was unlikely than Jacobs or Alice house, which was filled with designer furniture and all that 'I-have-a-well-paid-job-so-I-got-these-to-show-off' stuff that both of them seems to be so obsess over.

Pictures, alive, moving –which was placed somewhere hard to see –and some are not, were everywhere! Nick figured out that everyone was a big and happy family here seeing that many faces were around, smiling to the cameras that capture specific moments. Nick saw a little Y/N too, each pictures were time lapse of her growth, which made Nick smile and envious at the same time. He wishes he have a family that really cares.

The den though –slash lounge room, slash living room –was enormous as well. With home theater systems and large screen televisions, it's obvious now that Y/N's uncle is a rich man. How did he afford this place and have so many people –probably freeloading, Nick thinks so –living with him was a mystery.

To what he knows, Pureblood family tends to have this but to what he also knows, Y/N is a Muggle-born. 'Could it be...' he wonders, but overall that, the manor was surprisingly... lively.

They arrived here in France –well somewhere in Paris since Y/N and Dax wasn't really specific about the location –by using a Portkey, which made Nick feel chicken-shit to the sudden experience really. Because how the heck did that thing worked? Nick never heard of Portkeys before and Y/N shared the same expression.

Nick did puke a bit though while Y/N simply seems a bit dazed but somehow recovered faster than him. And when Nick gathered his bearing, Dax passed him a potion that seems to help him –but ew, the taste though, it almost made him puke again –and he only did realize the fact that they standing in the middle of the woods, on an open space, and literary amidst with watchful, grinning eyes.

And Nick was hit with bombshell when Y/N drops her luggage and zooms into the woods, laughing, only to be followed by a sea of wolves. Dax cackle while Nick stands there, taken back. He was having a hard time processing everything with his throat threatening to make him throw up bile again.

"S-should we be concerned?" Nick mumbled to the buff man, feeling his stomach twist and his legs trembling.

Dax laughed louder. "Non, non, eet iz alright, zis happens a lot." was his assurance and with a bonus, he heavily pats Nick in the shoulder. Nick wonders if the man was doing it purposely or Dax just doesn't know how his strength was affecting Nick's still-in-puberty-stage body. "Now, I will leave you to my daughter. So, if you'll excuse moi, I got a little girl to catch." And without much thought, Daxellion let his wolf out, which almost made Nick shit his pants, and sprint to catch up to his pack, excited to let the wolf out in such manner again.

Nick was left there gaping, thinking, wondering how the man manage to do that. Okay, first thing first, he was right about the pack Y/N's so fond about is literary Were-people and second – Nick looks up to the sky to see only a waxing moon –Daxellion transformed willingly!