Chapter 33 - The Rumors

Chapter 33

25th of January –morning

Ella Nelson hadn't been able to take it off of her mind. Y/N's case had been quite suspicious since November but now, it's officially is. What she admitted to Ella was the last straw, there's truly a master mind behind this mess.

She may not know a lot about love potions and nor have she ever made one but it's the only thing that could explain Y/N's lovesick self who would come to her, exposing every detail and thoughts. It flatter Ella that Y/N trusted her so much that the little girl would come to her about the subject –and leave Ella tortured between the choices of telling it to Mia or keep it to herself but thankfully, Ella didn't tell this to her little sister or it could have lead them both heartbroken because of this mess.

Today, Ella has some investigating to do.

"Miss Spinnet," Ella approached the 4th year Gryffindor in the Entrance Courtyard.

"Nelson?" a surprise, but intrigued look was sent to her way then by Alicia.

"I have something to discuss with you," Ella glance at Angelina then, stressing the word "alone." to hint her need of privacy between them.

With pursed lips, Angelina shrugs when Alicia look at her too, before leaving without saying a word. "Well, now we are. So what is it, Nelson?" the girl grins.

"I have some concerns including your friend, Katie Bell."

Alicia blinks, aback, commenting "Wow, she's really famous on the young this year."

"And Y/N L/N." as Ella added the little Hufflepuff's name in the discussion, Alicia falter her smile and got silent, before dictating Ella to continue on. "I'm aware that Y/N hadn't been subtle with her crush on Bell and that you know about it as well."

"It's not hard to miss." mutter Alicia under her breath, crossing her arm.

"Well yes," nodded Ella, looking around to make sure no one was eavesdropping, "but there's something.... dodgy about their little love story, don't you think?"

"And that is...?"

Determinate, Ella reported that "There's a possibly that a specific potion is involved."

With a deep frown, Alicia turns her impatient look into a glare. "Are you saying that either of the two of them is using a love potion 'cause if you are, I'm already gonna say this. It isn't Katie."

"I know, or is it Y/N neither, and I never said that it have to be someone among them."

Alicia thought about it, looking distance as she uncrossed her arms and let her right hand hide in the pocket of her robe. "I mean... yeah, Katie's... she was never into girls you know, this is the first time and it's so..."

"Sudden," Ella finished the girl's sentence, "yeah, I know. Y/N's noticing its sudden effect."

"What do you mean?"

"Y/N's starting to put two and two together, I wouldn't be here talking to you if she didn't told me about it."

"And why are you telling me this, this whole thing?"

"I want you to keep an eye on Katie and to report to me if anything –anyone suspicious is around her. Name everyone that's constantly approaches her; they might be the one dosing her and Y/N."

"Well, this is cock-up situation." Alicia statement with her frown still presence. "Let's meet here after school, I'll keep a lookout and get what I can." Alicia then turns her back on the Hufflepuff, wanting a space to think. 'I need to have a girl-to-girl talk with Kate about this.'