Chapter 15 - Broomstick Flying

Chapter 15

The group first headed to Madam Hooch to borrow some broom and to ask for permission to just fly with it for a while. "Of course, how can I resist you missy?" chuckled the flying instructor, squeezing both of Y/N's cheeks absentmindedly. Rolanda should have kept her hands for herself but she had been so close with the Hufflepuff that she's treating her more of like cute, little friend than a student after all the time they had bonded together.

This got a shock out of the others, seeing the two of them in a comfortable manner wasn't an everyday thing after all. And despite her cheeks being squeezed, Y/N gave a toothy smile. "Thank you, Madam Hooch! I owe you one."

Rolanda laughed and shook her head no, letting go of the girl and let her right hand rest on her hip. "Oh don't worry kid, this is for always helping me out." winked the flying instructor, "Beside I know you'll be care with these brooms."

"As always." promised Y/N and so, gathering their brooms, they all left the woman alone on her office.

When safe and away from Madam Hooch hearing range, Nathan belted "What the hell was that?!" and no one really question him since he was speaking for the other Gryffindor.

He receive a confuse look the only Hufflepuff then, who inquired "What?" in an innocent manner.

"That!" Nathan pointed out, "Since when did you get so close to Madam Hooch?"

"Oh, that," Y/N chuckled, "it's because I've always volunteered to help Madam Hooch up whenever she needs to and she's pretty chill to hang out with, you know. Oh, she also taught me extra lesson on Flying whenever she and I have a free time so we got really close." Y/N reasoned, "Why are you guys acting surprised, anyway?"

"Well..." Katie cleared her throat, wanting to point out the extraordinary of this 'friendship' but simply refrain of judging the girl's interior motives. She had observed the girl enough to tell that she's just really friendly to all. "It's nothing; we're just... taken back? I guess?"

Y/N simply tilts her head and shrugged before simple continuing on her way with Ginny on her side. Y/N had refused to let go of Ginny's hand, well in the office it was an exception, and she held it whenever the ginger liked it or not. Though Ginny didn't much complain, she wouldn't dare, for Y/N's presence was so smoothing. She can forget that she's trouble with Y/N.

It wasn't like a crime, Nathan thought, but the proximity he just witness back then... it felt like that they're stepping through the line of teacher and student that should limit such relationship! And to admit, he didn't take the woman as someone who'd be that comfortable with a student.

But, with a sigh, Nathan believed Y/N brings out the best out of the people she meets, the ones she held close, despite her secretive nature and... that. Y/N wasn't the one to mess with so even Nathan had some limits when approaching her but what she do to people, how she simply make them feel is sure something else.

And maybe, just maybe, it was why Katie Bell looked so awestruck while she watches Y/N in some time; perhaps she's doing it without her noticed even. Maybe it added a perks of why the Gryffindor was finding his friend so different yet easy to be in-common with. And perhaps it's why Katie would cheer Y/N's name as they decided to play around, despite being team up with him in this mini-Quidditch game.

Katie was cheering for Y/N's team, consisting only Ginny.

Or maybe it was Y/N's charming smile and that controlled gleam in her eyes that caught both of the Gryffindor girl's attention. The way Y/N gracefully flew and laughs like she carry no problem at all, perhaps her warmth that made them... like this.