Chapter 20 - Evening Run

Chapter 20

On the evening of 24th of December, Y/N was hiding away in her room before supper –where the Colt family will be joining the L/N family for an early Christmas soon. She was simply packing and wrapping gifts that she had brought just this morning while also packing her luggage for tonight urgency of her leaving with Nick and uncle Dax.

For Hermione, Y/N brought her new copies of her favorite books. It was some Muggle's novelty, hoping that the certain bookworm would like the stories Y/N fancied herself, despite that they might be a bit childish for the witty Gryffindor. She also wishes to sent Harry some clothing she thought would fit him only too –some clothes belong to Nathan, the ones he outgrow – since having to hear from Ron how the Dursley had treated him so far. And for Ronald, some of Megan's Jellies to try and sweet-treats she thought he'd appreciate since he seems to like sweets as much as Nathan does.

Y/N thought it'll be enough.

For the older Nelson, Y/N had to visit the Diagon Alley –and to be able to do that, she had asked Lilith to drive her to the nearest location to get there, not so sure if her parents are allowed to know the magical place yet –and she brought her some thoughtful gifts. Y/N brought many related things –in what would fit her budget –about being Magizoologist for Ella, wanting to be supportive of the girl's dream, and thought that Mia would rather appreciate having the shampoos that Y/N had stocked since the girl did say she likes them, she also had plan to give something handmade, but she had not yet thought anything to make.

While still in Diagon Alley though, she brought some herbals plants for Anya and items that Tiff may sees fit. For Luna –oh Luna, the Ravenclaw was the hardest one to pinpoint a gift to. While Y/N already have something for both Nick –a Muggle's iPod that she wish to charm later on, something that would keep the batteries going –and Nathan –a classic guitar –Y/N was stuck with her.

But, having to rampage some of the Charms book she had, Y/N decided to make something personal for Luna as well, a bracelet –which will be taking a few days to finish. She decided that it'll be best to hand it personally to Luna since she still can't charm them outside of school.

For Minerva though, Y/N had to learn how to knit. Megan knew how and volunteered to help her daughter with it, teaching her the basics and the right way to knit a scarf. Y/N got it all figured out within the afternoon and thought that it'll be best to give it to the woman in-front too since it'll take a while to make it.

Luckily, Y/N had always gained some allowance that now allows her to buy as many gifts as possible for everyone. But for these to be given before the actual Christmas, Nagel and Ordeal –uncle Dax's snowy owl –were feeding in their cages to prepare their selves for what Y/N had asked them for.

She sends the owl away then, hoping that the birds wouldn't have a hard time.

Chatters down stairs alert Y/N of the arrival of the Colt family and Y/N quickly step out of her room upon hearing Megan's voice confirming that they were in-fact about to start supper. She greeted the family and Nathan with a hug which they eagerly return; "Merry Christmas." was being constantly exchanged by everyone.

Boxes were in the Colt's hands –Manuel was likely holding them while his wife was carrying some food offering. The families then head to the Christmas tree and let the presents rest underneath it for later. Lilith comes out of the loo and greeted her family's friends and Nick soon descend from the stairs, freshen up and smiling, shyly, and everyone soon found their place in the table for the feast.

A knock on the doorsteps interrupted all's conversation and Y/N had volunteered to see who it was. Y/N, on her way there, felt her senses are collide with a familiar feeling –that you get in the arms of a family –and she knew damn well enough who could be standing in the doorsteps. She rushed to the door, opening it with a cheerful call of "Uncle Dax!"