Chapter 22 - Ice Skating

Chapter 22

It was a bit intimidating, Y/N can admit, when everyone she knows and love stood before her with uncertain look on their faces, some are stoic –wearing masks to hide...whatever they may be hiding –and some look neutral enough to tell that they knew what to expect already. The crowd was looking her way though, murmuring. It's kinda scary.

The Haworth triplet arrive late, though their hurried entrance was ignored when Y/N asked "So... you were saying?" as she look up to her uncle.

Y/N, despite her taunting thoughts and fear that everything will go on to what she hope it wouldn't, can't help her grinning smile that she's been trying to control; she tried to erase it when she does a small cough. She's just so excited.

"Dear," started Dax –and everyone quiet down to hear him –and if he was feeling nervous it didn't really shows, "now z'at you are opened to the world of wizarding, I found z'at eet iz time for us to come clean to you."

"Go on." nodded Y/N, she's trying her best to keep herself on tack. It's really hard at the moment because the edge of her lips would subconsciously go upward.

Dax goes on. "Eet was forbidden, you see, for our kind to be exposed to z'ose untrained eyes –"

"Yes, yes,"

"–And eet iz law z'at we needed to keep eet z'at way and eet 'ad been our priorities to keep our lives never to be exposed to z'e Muggles z'at 'ave no business to pry." Dax straighten up his posture as all his people stood behind him. "But since you will eiz'er find out sooner or later, and as ze leader of ze pack, I will confess z'e tru'z about us now, z'at we're –"

"Werewolves." was the word Y/N blurt out that interrupted the man's speech. Her hand quickly smack her mouth and cover it. 'Merlin, it's like I'm losing control over ' was her dooming thought but she put that aside quickly. "Oh no, I..." Y/N cleared her throat and tried to falter her giddiness about the subject. Her eyes were beaming though. "P-please go on and ignore me."

But the damage was already done; Dax had his eyes slightly widen as he watches Y/N tries to keep her face stoic –which she's really failing at. "Y-you..."

And finally, Y/N cracks "Yes!" before she becomes a giggling mess. "Yes, I... oh, you didn't really think I won't catch on it? Really, uncle Dax, it was so obvious that I felt quite stupid not to have thought of it sooner until Nick gave me the idea! I mean, I'm not an 'expert' but really, werewolves!" she excitedly rambled –and because of her focus on the matter, Y/N had slip and let her hair changes to soft red, the color of her excitement.

Everyone noticed and was astonished –some picking up the possibility of the bubbling girl being a Metamorphmagus –but had been mute about it as Y/N goes on and on, too keen in her talking to notice the questioning eyes she's receiving.

"Bien sûr!" Of course! Y/N belted in her native tongue without her acknowledgement. "La façon dont le pack apparaîtrait soudainement à une occasion et Adele, Luis, tout le monde serait parti en même temps! Ça a finalement du sens pour moi!" The way the pack would suddenly appear on one occasion and Adele, Luis, everyone would be gone at the same time! It finally makes sense to me!

"Umm... Y/N..." Nick tried to cut the girl off.

But Y/N manages to speak few more words before she halts, noticing that her friends were looking above her head. 'Is something hovering above me?' she thought. She look up to, to see what it was that got all's attention only to see nothing out of ordinary. "What is it?" Y/N asked, eyeing Nick and her uncle, the triplets and Adele and her mate.

But no one said anything back, too interest on whatever it was they're seeing.

Y/N tilts her head in confusion when her eyes refocus on the Delacour sisters, letting some of her hair fall to corner of her eyes. Only then did Y/N stiffen her posture and her hands quickly take a hold of her hair and Y/N inspects it. Quickly, her confusion turns to panic.