Chapter 39 - Last Night

Chapter 39

"So like, he made me dust off everything in his shelves and clean up the jars and vials and also the entire classroom and then –" complained Nick as he dramatically wipes his invisible tears as he counts the 'abuse' that the Potion Master was doing to him "– and then he had the dignity to give me detention with him until the end of the year!"

"Oh my God." laughed Y/N as she wipes her tears of joy while Nathan was pounding on the mattress as they continue to laugh.

Nick continues. "I mean, yeah I was the one to jinx his wand but it was the Weasley twins that made me do it! Why am I the only one that is being punished by Professor Snape?" The 2nd year then groans some more before he snaps of it and grin at Y/N, "N/N, he's your Godfather, right? Can you at least tell him that I'm your very handsome best friend and that you love me so much that you'd hate him if he much laid a finger on this handsomeness again?"

"Hey!" interrupted Nathan as he gave the 2nd year by a punch on the shoulder, "I'm the handsome best friend!"

"What, of course not!" argued the Hufflepuff boy, "It's obvious that I am!"

And next thing that Y/N knew, they were suddenly wrestling for the title on the floor next to the bed. Y/N had been laughing so much that her ribs were beginning to hurt and she can't help the tears flowing down her cheeks, "Hahaha; Oh Merlin's beard!"

Y/N was thankful it was Saturday, meaning she'll have some company over for a few hours and both of the boys was really tickling her spots, making her forget the lonely theme of the infirmary.

As she was howling, a voice enters in. "You guys certainly sound like you're all having fun in here."

"Ella!" Y/N paused her laughing and beams at the sight of the girl.

"Hey little Siren!" called the other Hufflepuff back, and without much care, joined Y/N in the bed while in the floor, it was Nathan who was winning –the boys paying her appearance no attention just yet. "Oh man, you're so luck Y/N, you don't have to go to class and just take nap here all the day without getting trouble for it." pouted the older Nelson, seemingly to be visiting Y/N alone this time.

"But it has consequences; I have a lot of catching up to do after then." shrugs Y/N as she make room for the Nelson.

"Meh." was the only answer Ella could mutter before she frowns as she saw what was on Y/N's back. "Oh hey," she started, cupping the spots that look likes a birthmark –the marks were flat and kind of pinkish –a salmon patches kind of birthmarks and she felt Y/N flinch on the sudden touch, "what happened to your shirt?"

Y/N glances under her armpit and saw Ella inspecting the damage of her sweater. "I actually don't know." was her reason and it's true! Despite of her assuming that it was the giant squid that did it or the foals from last night, it seems impossible because Y/N was wearing her robes at that time and only asked Drums to get her this gray sweater and some pyjama pants to get out of her wet robes.

"Well, it looks really suspicious and wow, I never knew you had a birthmark on your back." Ella runs the tips of her finger in the skin and felt the girl shiver.

"Well yeah, no one has really asked me that in any civil conversation." giggled Y/N, though it was a wee bit forced but nevertheless, wasn't questioned.

The boys, both breathy –Nathan with a smirk that justify his victory –and hair messed up and their robes wrinkled finally stands up from the floor and inspect what the two was talking about.

Nick, curious and wanting, also look at what captured the black haired girl's attention that much and saw the weird mark and got interest too while Nathan merely watched Y/N and saw how she's becoming uncomfortable slowly, clearly completely self-conscious at the attention of her birthmark. Y/N was having trouble of telling the two Hufflepuff to back off.