Chapter 17 - Before Christmas

Chapter 17

It was after supper that Ella beckoned Y/N to come with her. They exit the Great Hall –with Y/N glancing at the Gryffindor's table to bid a silent goodnight to Nathan who smiles back at her –and they catch up to a certain, lonely Ravenclaw that Y/N hasn't met.

The older Hufflepuff called upon a girl, yelling "Luna, hey wait up!"

She was a dirty blonde girl and Y/N was quickly captivated by that feature; she found the shagginess quite odd though. And when the Ravenclaw faced their way, Y/N felt more mesmerized and awestruck upon the sight of protuberant, silvery eyes that seem surprised, it's a like a permanent look.

"Hello Ella," said an airy voice "is the Nargles still bothering you?"

"N-no," Ella dismissed and grinned, "they finally settle down with me after I finally leave them be in the mistletoe and gave them their own space. It's amazing really; I haven't lost anything ever since."

Luna hums and gave a dreamy smile. "I'm glad."

"Oh hey," Ella snaps her fingers, "Luna, I want you to meet my buddy, Y/N L/N!" introduced Ella, nudging the stunned Hufflepuff beside her. "And N/N, this is Luna Lovegood." she added then, snapping Y/N from her trance after nudging her one more time.

This moment took Y/N by surprised as she dwells in her thoughts, her voice having quite a fit with the other one. You see, her senses were being flooded by certain feelings she only feel when in Hermione's company. That sense of contentment that Y/N breathes in and that silent insurance that made Y/N feel the safest. She questions the one that argues, that says that 'My dear chosen one, another one.'

And that calm waves that radiates from the Ravenclaw, it was reaching Y/N out and the Hufflepuff wonder if it would be weird if she step closer, but thinking that'll be weird, she restraint.

And like what happened back then with Hermione, Y/N was like a passenger when her body moves on its content. She grasps the soft skin of Luna's waiting hand and place a kiss on the Ravenclaw's knuckle, "Bonsoir, Mademoiselle." Her charming native tongue murmur, though loud enough for Luna to hear.

With a smile like Mona Lisa, Y/N was even more awestruck and felt more compel to the mystery that is in front of her with the Ravenclaw simply commented, "So we've meet, finally." that the blonde didn't give any explanation of her meaning.

As if she gets it, Y/N nodded –again she wasn't really aware of her doing much. "Oui, zough you and moi should 'ave so much earlier."

The Ravenclaw shook her head, "I think here now is better don't you think?" she pointed out before glancing up to Y/N's head. "And really, since the Nargles just start bothering you, are when I knew I can help." and still with a dreamy look, Luna reach up to the Hufflepuff's head and start dusting the air. "There." but she frowns, still looking at Y/N's head, though now with squinted eyes, when the tiny fairies come back to nestle into the Hufflepuff's hair. "They must really like nesting into your hair. I've been seeing them with you since the start of the term."

Y/N blinked a few, not getting what these 'Nargles' –if there is really –are doing on top of her head, "O-oh, why iz zat?"

"You're warm," Luna stated, now petting Y/N's head but avoiding the Nargles in hope not to make them angry, "and producing quite an odd amount of selcouth cinnabar. This attracts most of them but... my, they must really like you." And she reaches out and leans close, giving Y/N's hair a sniff. "Oh, so that's why. Your smells are quite rich."

"Hmm..." and Y/N chuckled shyly, "Should moi be alarmed zough?"

"Not quite..." Luna shook her head. She finally stops petting Y/N then and step away from Y/N's persona space, much to the Hufflepuff's dismay. Luna didn't want to make the little fairies jealous. "If you don't mind having to take care of mischievous fairies that would probably steal your things and have you look for them for a long time." She murmurs then.