Chapter 31 - Whole Package

Chapter 31

"I'll be blunt with you, Draco... I've never expect us to constantly meet up here." chuckled Y/N as she and Draco simply talk to each other. It's been a week of them finding themselves searching for solitude on the company of each other in this lonely place that a specific ghost would hunt.

"Honestly, either did I." replied Draco, hands on the pocket of his pants. "My father was quite please to know that I'm able to befriend you by the way, for once... he gave me a compliment."

This was how they talk to each.

Ever since he found Y/N in this very deserted place, the two find each other spilling every bit of secret within them. Draco actually –in the heat of the moment –confessed that his mother, Narcissa, wanted him to form some sort of a relation to her, be an acquaintance if he must and his father, Lucius, wanted Draco to find what it that the Reid family had been hiding, for him to use Y/N as the way of finding out.

And Y/N, holding his hand –it's a shocker right? Draco Malfoy, a Purist, taught that Purebloods are superior, let a Muggleborn hold his (quite pale) hand –gave him an understanding look, stating "Well, let's not disappoint them, shall we?"

"What?"

"Let's be friends, Draco, for real. With me, you don't have to act any types of pretence. I've seen how guarded you while you're with Grabbe and Goyle, even with Pansy. I know how the pressure can be a burden. So what do you say, Draco Malfoy? I, Y/N L/N, am offering a friendship that no one has to know."

And it's been a bit surreal, hearing the boy laugh. "My father would love to hear about this."

And after days had gone, Y/N would disappear after her visit on the Hospital Wings –checking on Hermione is a priority –and she would the Disillusionment Charm spell to roam the hall unnoticed. Everyone has been questioning her about it but, because she promised Draco, she gave them mere excuses.

"Oh, goodie." chuckled Y/N, tying her hair into an ponytail as she watched herself and Draco, who was leaning in one of the stall, hidden to make sure no one would see him, on the mirror. "So, who would you bet on wining the next Quidditch match? I'd say that it'll be the Hufflepuff."

The boy huffed and rolled his eyes, "With Potter on the Gryffindor's team, they're surely going to lose it."

"You really dislike him, don't you?" interrogate Y/N with one of her eyebrow up. "Everyone can almost taste the hate you have for each other." And she was giving a laughing smile as she says this.

Something flashed in the boy's face, something supposed to be hidden but Draco had let his guard down every time whenever in the company of this certain Hufflepuff. He didn't allow it before but Y/N was willing to comfort him despite knowing nothing. Or maybe she does know, that's why she knows how to approach him whenever –it's only been a week too, you know –but Y/N can already make him crack out of his created character and take his mask off.

Who could have known that he'll have a friend, somebody who can be true with him... just thinking about it makes Draco feel light somehow, makes him... happy. Y/N wasn't someone who just become his company just because they needed to be, she didn't follow his little orders here and there like the blind duo –Grabble and Goyle being the example of that –or would try to get in his good grace by being one –Pansy being that type of girl. She was none of those.

Y/N was... just there.

And Draco had observed that Y/N never asked anything about him at all nor did he question her anything about herself after Y/N's statement that moved Draco. "I don't plan to know that Draco Malfoy, I don't care who he was before this, what he had done, thought, had said. I want to know this Draco Malfoy right here. The boy who's standing right in front of me, the boy who stayed to listen and the Draco Malfoy who tried to help in the best way he can."